Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks folks - yep, as Kev etc say, if you use the 'right' switch (rocker, Lucas toggle etc) it's a doddle* to wire up - which I will do at the weekend to test it, at least.

*once you've stared at the diagrams for a while and read up on how the park mechanism actually works, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by aaannnd View Post
    Aha! I hadn't found that diagram in all my googling - thanks Andrzej! (Apologies if I spelt that wrong from memory ) That's precisely what I was trying to figure out, but my tiny mind couldn't quite figure the relays out..

Rehosted here for posterity (and so I can find it again later):
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Why not buy the correct Lucas wiper toggle switch, take of the black plastic toggle and fit something in keeping with your other toggle switches that matches the iva hoops?

Does nobody read Snake Torque these days?
    A while back, I wrote a whole article on how the Wiper motor works and how to control it with a simple toggle or other switch.....

Denis

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    Why not buy the correct Lucas wiper toggle switch, take of the black plastic toggle and fit something in keeping with your other toggle switches that matches the iva hoops?
    You know, I assumed they were glued on .. until I gave one a good yank after I read your post. Ooer. Came right off in my hand, it did.

Quote Originally Posted by oglyoodoo View Post
    Does nobody read Snake Torque these days?
    A while back, I wrote a whole article on how the Wiper motor works and how to control it with a simple toggle or other switch.....
    Erm.. Ah. Erm. Is "No" an acceptable answer? They turn up, go in the pile of things to read and, well, I can see two from here that I still haven't read.

Anyway - all sorted now! In the end I have gone for a rotary switch (so "none of the above") that worked a lot like a toggle switch, fitted in the exempt area around the steering wheel, and a single changeover relay to handle the park line.

Headlights, sidelights, hazards and indicators all work, too (bonus!) with more relays for the hazards. If I filled the braking system up I could probably test the brake lights, too..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12