Thread: Fuel pipe

Fuel pipe

Some advise please. I bought a part built mrk3 Sumo and the previous owner fitted rubber fuel pipe from front to rear on the chassis. Is this IVA compatable or does it have to be steel piping. Regards John

Usually 8mm copper with appropriate rubber connecting the ends, but if the rubber is good enough for the ends. I would have thought you could have it all rubber?

Rubber is IVA acceptable if it has the appropriate markings confirming suitability or is accompanied by written confirmation of conformity from the supplier. Older rubber isn’t any good for modern fuel mixes and will break down (melt).
    If it were me I would replace it with copper. Much neater and better job all round.
    Colin
    Dax Standard Chassis. Ford 302, AOD auto, DB s/s sidepipes, 2017 T reg.

I replaced my st/st braided fuel pipe with GATES - You need this with all the crap Bio Fuels that they are using nowadays! There are different rubbers for Carb or Injection
    BARRICADE® FUEL INJECTION HOSE - CLAMSHELL PKG

Modern Fuels Require Modern Fuel Hose. Installing Barricade protects the system against the aggressive fuel mixtures of today’s modern fuels, which can degrade basic rubber hose and result in customer comebacks. Plus, with Barricade, you can be assured that you are complying with permeation laws, and providing your customers with the best hose available – all while being environmentally-friendly. 225 psi working pressure rating (best-in-class). Aramid reinforcement spiral braid for superior burst strength. Exceeds SAE J3OR14T2 as well as low-permeation requirements for CARB. Approved for use with Gasoline, Ethanol/Gasoline blends (gasohol) such as E10, E15 or E85, Diesel, Biodiesel including soybean methyl ester (SME), rapeseed methyl ester (RME), palm methyl ester (PME), Biodiesel/Diesel blends such as B20, and 100% Methanol.Temperature: -40 Deg. F to 257 Deg. F (-40 Deg. C to 125 Deg. C) continuous, up to 302 Deg. F (150 Deg. C) intermittent.

• Temperature: -40°C to +125°C (-40°F to +257°F)
    • HNBR Tube w/Thermoplastic Barrier and CPE Cover
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

If you are buying rubber then get R9, its graded for modern fuels with higher ethanol resisistance.