Thread: Cobra Insurance

Cobra Insurance

Hi all,
    I have just received my renewal quote from Backford Bloor & co who I have been with a number of years and this year there quote is £315 for my Southern Roadcraft at a value of £27000, 1500 miles a year, I believe looking at what I`ve seen off others insurances this is steep. I also have a question if it is under insured at £27000, when I mentioned my concerns to Backford Bloor that its value could be more they stated it would need evidence it fitted with a thatcham Cat 1 alarm, but on stating I had seen a Southern Roadcraft for sale at the moment at £35k they sent me a form for an agreed value. So I`m interested to know whats your thoughts on a possible value on my Southern Roadcraft cobra and whether market value over and agreed one s the way to go a some of you have mentioned, and recommended insurance companies
    Gary.

The price seams fair, but yes too low your £35k suggestion is more on the mark.

Try Adrian Flux and get an agreed valuation of the £35k.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/insurance/dax/

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    GM Vortec LQ4 364ci
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

Try A Plan.

Andy

Hi Gary,

Have been wondering the same thing with regards to agreed values and how they relate to current market values. My SR is insured for £25k agreed value, but as you mention, prices for cobras have gone up quite a bit over the past 9-10yrs of us owning this, but the agreed value has stayed the same.

When i've discussed this with Hagery (both on phone and at last years Silverstone Classic) they weirdly seemed to be under the impress that insurance value is still ok/nothing much changed value wise. So i was either getting the fob off or they didn't have a clue on what was going on in reality.

I think i'll investigate this and see about getting my agreed value changed.

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi guys,
    thank you or your replies and yes Gary I also get the impression certain insurance companies may be out of sync with the increased value of our Cobras, have been with the same company for years but I think I will shop around as I do with my normal road car I think Adrian S Flux may be worth a look Alan A Plan to Andy thanks,
    Gary.

Hi guys,
    just a quick reply to say thanks again for the insurance recommendations, i went with Adrian S Flux in the end, they have a great call back service write on the time they stated on there reply email after i enquired, this lead to me getting a quote for £260 with the value of 35k, so a fair difference from Backford Bloor that sealed it, thanks all,
    Gary.

Problem with Flux, as Ive found several times is, their introductory offer is cheapish but at renewal the price will leap quite a lot.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8

https://classiccartouring.com
    For Touring and Camping

I insure a few cars through Classicline and have used them for several years. To date they have been excellent and I pay £130 for my Cobra valued at £35,000.

Give them a call.
    Jon LR

Magnum with Ford 289ci & 4 speed Toploader