Thread: SRV8 Rebuild

SRV8 Rebuild

Hello Everyone,

So I've had a few months sorting out Registration stuff.... erghhh!! But I have now just started my rebuild!
    All the Jag running gear is off and is being powder coated as we speak! There are few things I need to change a from the original build and I also need places to buy certain things for the SRV8...... So if anyone knows of anybody that can help with that it would be much appreciated. Id also love to be able to come and take a look at another SRV8 if anyone has one in the Sussex area?

First thing are the shocks I've SPAX coiler overs all round but the struts are pitted from sitting around for so long. What are good replacements? The same spax? what are other people on?

The next thing is the steering rack. I know there's a lot of discussion about the bump steer and the use of longer powered racks, but i can find any real details?? Does a ford sierra rack fit? (just something i heard) if so again it would be great to come and see something in person if anybody has done this?

That will do for now, thanks in advance.

Fraser

Fraser

I know one of the Directors at Spax Performance and could put you in touch with him if that helps

Gary

Gaz seem to be the goto replacement on SRV8 Fraser.

if you type +srv8 +springs into the top right search field on this webpage you'll get a lot threads going over this. Company called Dampertech has details for SRV8 spec springs/shocks i believe.

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I had spax on my SR, they were terrible now running Pro Tech and they transformed the car.

Pro Tech is defiantly the way to go.
    Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

Hey just read your PM. I've not been on this forum in years. You might want to see my rebuild post. Dave at damper tech will have details for springs and shocks. Ref steering i used a left hand drive ford mondeo PAS rack. I've totally rebuilt my car and is currently In the paint shop getting a 're paint.
    Last edited by Clarkson; 10-02-19 at 02:16 PM.

bloomin eck Dave - welcome back to the forum - haven't heard from you for ages - hope you're well.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    bloomin eck Dave - welcome back to the forum - haven't heard from you for ages - hope you're well.

Haha. Yeah been awhile. Thought I'll pop in and say hello. Who still hangs out here??
    David

SR full rebuild, now on the road, needs paint/trim to finish
    TWM EFI 388ci 532hp/498tq
    Power steering fitted.

IVA approved engine builder.