Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have just tried doing it that way russ but nowhere during that process does it ask for your membership number
    graham
    Last edited by bw41059; 24-12-18 at 01:28 PM.

I'll try and make this as easy as I can. The shop is a stand alone shop that has been tacked onto the club website to provide a service for buying merchandise or membership. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM! Therefore any log in details from this forum will not work on the club shop. The old club owned forum has been discontinued for some time now so any log in details you have from the club forum are now defunct. If you would like to order anything from the club shop then you have two choices, you can use the guest function which will get you straight to the payment page or you can set up an account so the shop has your details. You can only log in to the shop if you have previously set up an account with this shop, if not then the shop won't recognise you as I don't have access to everyone's e mail addresses and passwords to input them, not the time to do that for every person.
    So to recap, please set up an account in the new shop if that is your preference, if it isn't then please use the guest access but please don't expect any old log in details for old shops/forums to work. Sorry this wasn't made clearer but I have limited ability to change the shop wording although I will put something on the main club page when I get time.
    Tony
    Ps, don't worry about inputting your membership number, it'll be tallied correctly once the membership secretary sees it.

i can do that but how will the club officials know its me member No 960189

They'll know by your name and address, unless there are two members with the same name as you and an identical address?

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    They'll know by your name and address, unless there are two members with the same name as you and an identical address?
    what a stupid way of doing things, there should be a method of renewing as an existing member. am sure i just went into subscriptions last year and paid by paypal. I give up, sod the renewal

Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    what a stupid way of doing things, there should be a method of renewing as an existing member. am sure i just went into subscriptions last year and paid by paypal. I give up, sod the renewal
    There has never been a way to input a membership number during online renewal. It has always been done by the membership secretary marrying up renewals with his database. Didn't realise it was a "stupid way of doing things" since it's worked for a number of years? Of course, it matters not to me if you can't be arsed to renew or not and I didn't think it was that difficult? If anyone else think the club website and shop are a stupid way of doing things I'll happily delete them and leave it for someone else to do.
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

And there was me thinking it's the season of goodwill to all men and all that jazz..

Not helping, am I... I'll get my coat.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    Perhaps that across as a bit harsher than you intended. Seeing as how anyone involved gave up their time for free?

Ok Guys, let us try and get this sorted. We do not need to lose anyone from the Club! The people running the Club do their best without being paid so let's give them a bit of leeway.

What has happened is the old forum was lost and hence all the log in details were lost!

This is still the official Cobra Club Site without all the discussion threads. Hence this is now just membership renewal and shop. Also gives you your area reps etc. 99.9% utilise this forum for discussion and threads so there is no point in having two!

The new site does look different

You can use this site as either a current member or a guest

Easiest is using as a guest! You will still be a member but not have a login. This does not matter as when the payment is processed for membership your name and address is tied up with the membership secretary.

If you want to have a login to shop easier and follow orders etc then as your old login detail was lost then you need to choose a new password. Go into Returning Customer, Put in your User Name then hit Forgot Password. You will be asked for your email address for your verification code so you can add a new password.

I trust that makes a little more sense? I do not run this site and just trying to assist!!

Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

As this was so difficult for some people to work out I've spent all evening going through the code and deleting the relevant parts to the customer log-in and guest checkout. There should now only be one choice when completing the cart details, no log in required. Hope this makes it all simpler.
    Tony
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast