Brake light pressure switch

Hi all newbie here and just wondered if anyone knows what pressure switch I need to buy for a Gen1 as I believe the one on mine has failed. My brake lights only work when I really stamp on the pedal hard. Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Ollie

It will probably be one of these but it could be an m10 or a 3/8unf thread https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic...-/281896533538

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

Ollie,

I agree with Paul's reply. I had the same issue a year or so ago. Swapping out the pressure switch sorted it. The pressure switch will be along the brake line somewhere. Some are in the engine bay. Mine is towards the rear brake calipers. I found a part code stamped on my old pressure switch which was helpful in identifying the correct replacement (i.e. metric/imperial). You'll need to bleed the brakes afterwards.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

On an AK it is not easy to change out as it is positioned opposite the brake reservoir and behind the side vent. Mine went when I was in France 3 years ago. Luckily one friend was arriving a few days later than our crew and was able to bring out an M10Fine Thread and a 3/8" UNF pressure switch. We had to take off the side vent which is very hard to get at when you are not on a ramp. As we did not know which thread we required we taped up both the new switches in readiness for fitting. This is a two person job if you do not want to bleed the brakes. One unscrews the switch while the other has the other switch in readiness to swap over. If you are quick then you hardly lose any fluid. The first switch screwed in ok and all was sorted. The issue is I cannot remember which thread switch we used!! I have tried to find the spare switch to check the thread without success. I will keep looking. AK should be able to tell you which one it is. I got mine from Merlin Motorsport and sorted the issue. The reason they fail is due to the heat coming up from the exhaust which is just below the switch. A heat deflective plate would be a good idea. In fairness, mine has been ok since I changed it out without a heat deflective plate.
    (M10 fine and 3/8" UNF thread are very close in pitch and it is possible to get the wrong one fitted!!)
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

I’m hoping to fit a micro switch to the pedal on mine during the build. Instead of the pressure switch.

I made a bracket and fitted a switch on the pedal box during the build process. A lot easy to replace, not that it'll need it.

Thanks everyone I have ordered a new switch which I believe is the correct one so fingers crossed and will let you know how I get on.