Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stevo pilgrim m3

Hi I have a pilgrim cobra with a crap Granada rear axle I want to change to a jag . Can I have some suggestions on what type I should go for please many thanks Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevooo View Post
    Hi I have a pilgrim cobra with a crap Granada rear axle I want to change to a jag . Can I have some suggestions on what type I should go for please many thanks Stevo
    What Mark Pilgrim Sumo do you have?

What type of Granada axle do you have fitted?

Granada mk2 maybe? If it is it’s Good for 300bhp.

Swapping the rear suspension for adjustable coil overs sorted out ride height and improved handling on mine. Might be easier than a full swap.

Why do you ssay its crap? Be useful to understand the problem properly before trying to suggest specific fixes.

In general the main issue is to make sure you have an up-rated diff carrier, if yours is an early car.
    Also, if an early MkIII, it may not have all the triangulation of the later cars.
    Can you put up some pics of the rear axle from underneath, we can then comment properly.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Jag with outboard brakes
    I have one here with a cross-member
    and adjustable coil-overs

Get out your welder !

Thanks all as you can tell I’m not a expert I bought the car second hand in bits . and a friend mechanic checked it over for me and diagnose the axle is out of line with prop Shaft and looks crabby so I thought of replacing to a jag axle in hope of getting a deeper rim as a plus thanks for your help . Hope I made sense 😂😂😂😂👍😢

It was a 2.0 1982 Granada maybe I should keep it fix the problem thanks again 👍

Maybe a local club member could give it a once-over?

How do you send pictures on here 😂

If it’s 82 then yes, it’s a mk2 Granada. You may find the 2.0 diff is too short (what engine??) - the 2.8 is a better option. There was a diesel diff but.... good luck in finding one!

I think prop doesn’t/shouldn’t line up. As long as diff and engine are parallel (a parralelagram?) then it works...

Getting a deeper dish is only possible if you flare the arches out (not something I’d fancy but it’s been done). You could chop out & fabricate you own rear chassis subframe....

Some sumos are run with 225 at the rear, having just fit 245 - it makes a big visual difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast