Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jon, it might help us if you could post some pics of the starter and its terminals, and maybe of the main cables in general if you can...

BR, Theo

Yep got one of these fitted in my car bulk head solenoid and rewired last summer fitting new high torque starter with on board solenoid.

https://www.electricalcarservices.co...YaAtrUEALw_wcB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtpIDjOK888

LATEST UPDATE - Thought I'd follow on from the valuable advice about the starter solenoid. I popped into the garage this evening, connected the solenoid as it was before I removed it so that I could take some photos of the wiring connections....and......power has been resumed!

For some strange reason I decided to turn the key and all the dash light (ignition, alternator) came on and the fuel pump started!! I have no reason why power has restored, I've done nothing else since posting. Any ideas????
    Jon LR

Magnum with Ford 302ci & 4 speed Toploader

Do you have photos ?

Your problem might return when more Amps are flowing, fi with all lights on or during cranking. Your investigation, wiggling, dismounting, remounting etc could have solved the issue for now, but I for one would try to find the weak spot as it is likely to return. That said, it is hard to diagnose a problem when its not constant at fault.....

Possible bad intermittent earth which might come back. I would check voltages and see you have a good voltage and move cables. You might of resolved the issue with taking apart and your contacts back has resolved especially if you cleaned any spades or connectors. It is also very cold at present so you might want to run the engine and get some heat .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234