Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just seen this. Nothing to do with me.
    ford 351 cleveland engine mustang hotrod

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192852012065

Can't tell if it's bored and where are the main caps? No main caps it's another boat anchor

Questions you would need to ask and make sure its not at the limit of boring as you say . Its fully strip down so I are all the parts available ? Strip down block but then not rebuilt surely all the hard work has been done and its off to the machine shop

Sent the fella a message to ask about the main caps and if it's been bored. 'tis a service I provide.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

He has the main caps and is going to try and measure the bores later today..
    My DeDion build diary..

A Cleveland bored to +30 is pretty much on its limit, unless it’s the later Aussie blocks which were slightly thicker castings not that I’m sure what they can be bored out too?

Mines Standard but if I needed it I bore it I would go to +10/20 thou to leave a bit of meat on the bores

BTW I have found a source for Cleveland blocks in the states but the shipping kills the benefit for something that is 30 years old!! They can supply US/Aussie blocks but I have not yet used them so can’t comment on their service, even though I had several email conversations, it’s that trust thing once I part with my money!

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    BTW I have found a source for Cleveland blocks in the states but the shipping kills the benefit for something that is 30 years old!! They can supply US/Aussie blocks but I have not yet used them so can’t comment on their service, even though I had several email conversations, it’s that trust thing once I part with my money!
    Speak to Ron at STS Imports - my gearbox package (T56, clutch, flywheel, TOB, ancilliaries) and engine rebuild stuff (rotating assembly, cams, lifters, timing gear, dizzy, etc etc etc) is <£200 to ship over in a 40' container. Bare block would probably be about the £100 mark or maybe less, once you've got it to Miami.

And yeah - I read the same on overbore, although it seems like the Aussie blocks might go to +40 before needing to be ultrasonically tested.. probably highly depending on your butt pucker factor, though!
    My DeDion build diary..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12