Well .... There you go!

After a rather cold trip out last Sunday for the monthly meeting I decided to do something about lack of hot air from the heater.
    In my Gardner Douglas it is secluded under the nearside front wing behinnd the battery.
    I didn't want to take it out if I didn't have to but I made preps for by removing the cover, battery and vent hoses coming into the cabin.
    I also phoned the makers (Gallay) and gave them the model number and serial number. They very kindly phoned back to confirm there was no valve to stop the water on the heater unit.
    After some fiddling about I eventually took off the hose from the water pump and poking some wire in, blocked! OK so took off the heath robinnson contaption which was attached to the water pump and took it apart. This is what I found. First picture shows the blockage, second one what it was. Who on Earth puts a bolt in a fitting on purpose?
    I shall be getting a manual valve to fit on the hose if I need to turn off the hot water!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

That's weird Murray
    Took the heater out of Maisie during cockpit refurb - awaiting to see if my fettling has improved heat output!

Catch up soon
    CHRIS C - SW REP - Maisie (DB No.46)
    Diplomat and expert on French Motoring Tribunals

Can't see pictures on my phone but blockage could be to stop the heaters working in warm / hot weather.

Andy

I just put an in line tap in the heater pipe from the water pump, and turn it off in the warmer weather.
    Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

Fut goin on here?!!! Botchalism!
    DAX Cobra MK3 chassis, MK4 shell. RV8.