Steering UJ and heat

Hi there.I have just got headers fitted to SBF in a RAM.The steering UJ is really close to a header pipe and I am worried that it will cook the UJ.Has anyone had this problem and come up with a fix.I was considering making a sleeve to cover the joint.
    John

Interesting point. A valid concern, I reckon - if anybody knows better, please shut me up. My thinking is that although headers get damn hot, convection of heat in moving air (breezy engine bay) is limited, steel components need a lot of heat to alter their state, therefore I wouldn't expect a UJ to succumb (sp?) to being proximate to a hot gas poo pipe. Thoughts?
    DAX Cobra MK3 chassis, MK4 shell. Stainless steel butter dish. 110mm Cake tin. Whatever works. RV8.

I find my UJ can dry out so regularly dribble a bit of 3:1 in to the joints (other brands available!) ideally with the front wheels off the ground so I can work it in a bit before it runs off. I first noticed it when the steering tightened a bit. I guess over time the heat runs the lubrication out of the joints. I confess my joint has been around a long time and that might be the real trouble!!
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Hi There,Thanks for the replies.I think that I will massage the header to get a bit more clearance and see if I can make a flexible heat shield type sleeve to protect the joint.
    John