Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Fog light

Rear Fog light

Hi. Just wiring up rear fog, have read the regulations, when activating my rear fog switch, it only comes on on dipped AND main beam (ie not by itself and not with sidelights)

whats the ‘controller’ i may need with reference to notes 3 and 4 in current IVA regs, ie when i turn my headlights all off, everything goes off right? When i switch headlights back on (forgetting that the fog light switch is presssed on still but actual fog is off) then the fog comes back on aswell. Though i do have a telltale warning light to warn me so, so do i need the ‘oops i forgot to turn of the fog switch’ controller as well?

You don’t need the contraption.
    The manual simply gives definition of the feature being acceptable IF fitted.
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Yup nice one i thought so.

Your headlight switch probably has something like

- Brown - feed
    - Red - side lights out
    - Blue - Dip /Main out.

You might then have another switch to flip between main and drip.

You just need to intercept the Dip/Main out for the fog light feed. That should provide the right logic for the lights, as stated in the OP.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Your headlight switch probably has something like

- Brown - feed
    - Red - side lights out
    - Blue - Dip /Main out.

You might then have another switch to flip between main and drip.

You just need to intercept the Dip/Main out for the fog light feed. That should provide the right logic for the lights, as stated in the OP.
    Yup was all built in the IVA premier wiring loom, it was just a trade supplier on this part mentioning the fog light latching switch that would keep the fog light on if you forgot to turn it off, so if you turned the lighting switch off then came back next day no fog, turned the light switch on and fogs come on unecessarily and you wouldnt know. Except i have a fig warning light so should suffice

My fog light is on a switch, no lights on, it won't switch on. Which is correct BUT it will switch on when I turn on side lights and dipped headlights and main beam, I cannot see any reference to side lights in the IVA manual, so will this pass IVA?
    Thanks Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    My fog light is on a switch, no lights on, it won't switch on. Which is correct BUT it will switch on when I turn on side lights and dipped headlights and main beam, I cannot see any reference to side lights in the IVA manual, so will this pass IVA?
    Thanks Lee
    Nope. Ask Kev how he knows...
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Yup, that's what you want - rear fog with main & dip, but not sidelights. Kev read the IVA manual incorrectly the first time through, as did I when I was trying to argue that his tester was wrong .. until I re-read the IVA manual for the third time and noticed that front fogs can be on with sidelights, but rear fogs must only be on with dip & high beam. Whoopsie.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
    You don’t need the contraption.
    The manual simply gives definition of the feature being acceptable IF fitted.
    Sorry this is incorrect, yes you do mine failed IVA on this just before Christmas.

It is imperative that you can ONLY put the fog lamp on with DIP/MAIN beam and that when the lights are turned off then back on the fog light does NOT illuminate again.

I find the manual very grey on this, as i set it to work with a module on both side lights and dip/main and failed! I had to remove the feed from the side lights to overcome this.

Alan.
    Last edited by AKCobra; 11-02-19 at 10:11 AM.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast