Thread: Nc500

Nc500

We are heading up north for the weekend and are going to do half the NC55 in the tin top, it would be great to do the whole run in the summer time with the Cobra. Would there be an appitite for this run with fellow club menbers.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    We are heading up north for the weekend and are going to do half the NC55 in the tin top, it would be great to do the whole run in the summer time with the Cobra. Would there be an appitite for this run with fellow club menbers.

Cheers
    Shuggie,

Our East Midlands group have talked about the NC500 as one of our annual tours. It's just that it is a very long trek for us to get to the start.
    I've been up the west coast and north coast on a bike. Some fantastic roads and scenery. The Calmac Hopscotch tickets are great for hopping between the islands. I hope you're pulling in Bealach-na-Ba?

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Russ,

Well hats of to you for the Bealach-na-ba , I am most impressed, not doing that this trip as it is a shortened vertion, but we were over it last November with freinds from Malaysia. It always blows me away no mater what the weather. Thats the trouble with NC500 for you guys such a treck to start with. We stay in the country near Aberdeen so if anyone wanted to come up and spend a day in Aberdeenshire and head off from there you would be most welcome, we have lots of room.

Shuggie

Could be Scotland next year if we get interest within the East Midlands Clan!
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Russ-Notts View Post
    Shuggie,

Our East Midlands group have talked about the NC500 as one of our annual tours. It's just that it is a very long trek for us to get to the start.
    I've been up the west coast and north coast on a bike. Some fantastic roads and scenery. The Calmac Hopscotch tickets are great for hopping between the islands. I hope you're pulling in Bealach-na-Ba?

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

That would be good, you better get up before Nicola builds her wall LOL

Had a great weekend going around half the NC500, shame it was in the tin top. And it is now official, well according to Clarckson, that the NC500 is the best road trip in the world. I would say it is up there but only on a nice day which is not that easy to find. I am definatley going to hit that this summer in the Cobra.

Has anyone heard of the Heart 200 route? Just announced in the press and includes many roads I regularly drive my 289 on.

http://www.heart200.scot/
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)