steering rack IVA Friday

HELP - does anyone have an AK GEN 1 steering rack under their bench because they have upgraded to power steering?

Mine has a serious knock when turning left to right - guy came to the house to do the tracking and can see the off side arm twanging! Oh - I have my IVA booked for this Friday. I am going to ring AK in the morning but 7 years down the road and its not done a mile yet - how do I demand a replacement? sigh........even if they do manual racks anymore..........SIGH.......To speed up the process - drop me a text if you want to sell me your old GEN 1 rack...........

Thanks Lee 07932 56501
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Can’t help with rack Lee I’m afraid, but very best for Friday - seven years is about my goal now . Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Have a MGBGT manual rack and a Jag XJ power steering rack if either any use to you.
    Stephen pm if interested ( North East )

Well to update all.....A phone call to AK 8:30 yesterday morning, spoke to Jon and explained the above. I was right they no longer do manual racks.......I think we both said "oh sh*t" at the same time! Give me a minute he says, let me check upstairs, the phone goes quiet for what seemed like an hour but I hear those magic words!

I have found a 2nd hand one from an upgrade to power steering, delivered within 24 hours today, I will be fitting it in the morning and now back on track for Friday. Just cover the carriage he says!

Where do you start to say thank you with after sales service like that?

A massive thanks to Jon and Wendi at AK, another example of great after sales service many customers openly write about.

Thanks again, Lee

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Rack fitted, clunk gone! IVA Friday.......onwards nd upwards....

can't fault that for customer services at all - it's that type of after sales that would have me going to AK if i was to ever build/buy one.

Good luck Friday with the IVA Lee

rgds
    GAry
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Best of luck Lee.
    Reg
    Gav
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Cheers guys, I think I've got everything covered, if it fails - it's just another list of jobs to do...........