Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Myles,

It's like a lot of the RAM car - good in theory but not well engineered at all and in need of a bit of re-design to get it to work properly. I didn't fit one in the end, car handles fine without for road use when the front suspension is set up to actually work. (Front dampers as spec'd by RAM are too short and don't allow any front suspension drop on re-bound, all the spring rates are far too high, bump steer, column routing is poor etc etc)

I think I'll remove it then.

The steering on mine is very twitchy; to drive it fast I jam my arm on the top of the door and steer more by 'flexing' the wheel than by actually turning it (reminds me of helicopter flying). I have a Corsa PS to fit but I'm not sure whether that won't make it worse. A lower ratio rack would help (possibly) but I don't think there is a bolt-in replacement.
    Last edited by mylesdw; 11-03-19 at 10:14 PM.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Front ARB duly removed

P1040077.JPG
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I separated the the engine from the gearbox and put it on the stand

P1040078.JPG

The engine levelling bar is great, makes like much easier.

Inside was a bit cokey but not a surprise, I knew it had been running a bit rich. Bores look great, you can still clearly see the hone marks.

P1040080.JPG

A few minutes with a wire wheel cleaned it up with no problem

P1040079.JPG

Push rods in a rack in case I want to re-use them or sell them as a set with the cam and lifters

P1040081.JPG
    Last edited by mylesdw; 19-03-19 at 07:33 PM.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

The paint on the block is in great shape and cleans up beautifully. It is a synthetic enamel called Tractol (tractor paint) that I can't get here in NZ (more's the shame). It may look like Chevrolet orange but it is in fact the colour used on Fordson wheels. It is cheap, goes on well with a brush and sticks well too.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12