Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have seen reports of some people converting over to poly superflex or powerflex purple bushes. Reports of harder ride and squeaking so I have stayed away from them. It will be interesting to see if any one has good reports.

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products...29-2816/1.html

I'm not a fan of poly bushes for just those reasons. Rubber bushes may deflect slightly but they are frictionless which the poly bushes are not. However, for the shock mounts which see very little angular movement I think they would be OK.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Regarding the shock bushes, I got a reply from Spax:

"Sorry to say I have no idea which bush that is as the damper precedes 1999 when our company changed hands."

But they did supply a useful looking link:

https://spax-suspension.com/Spax%20Bush%20Details.htm
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I swapped to AVO shocks a few years ago and have found them an improvement over the spax - easier to adjust and came with harder polyurethane bushes. Interesting that you felt the original spax were too short..I replaced them with ones the same size but followed cheng's advice about spring rates. I too am rebuilding after 25 years - the rear end and other jobs that appear. I have r had the diff rebuilt and changed the ratio, replaced the rear discs and calipers and painted the chassis with POR15 where the coating is flaking off. I bought a Corsa steering rack to fit power steering, so I could fit bigger tyres to the front , but haven't fitted it yet. People seem to rate it so hopefully it will be a good upgrade. I have left all the bushes as original jaguar, and have been amazed at how easily the suspension has stripped down and re built - compared to the nightmare I had stripping the original axle when I built (everything had seized). Another vote for copper grease!
    Went to the Kit Car show yesterday - seems to be a shadow of its former self , less stands and no 'new ' kits, and a lot less owners cars. Sad.

Fitting a new roller cam, hoping that it will better match the carbs I'm running (Webers)

P1040098.JPG

And just for fun new timing gear too. Plan is to convert to distributorless ignition hence the trigger wheel on the crank

P1040099.JPG
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Fancy billet timing cover is on (you can see the crank and cam position sensors), with the help of the wonderful David Vizard book at all times

P1040100.JPG

P1040102.JPG

Is it just me or has the forum stopped showing thumbnails?
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    . . . .Is it just me or has the forum stopped showing thumbnails?

Myles,

No, it is not just you. I have heard nothing officially, despite requests, but I am sure that the way in which pictures are hosted has changed - probably with recent upgrades to the software.

My understanding is that the site no longer hosts the image but relies on it being held somewhere on the web by one of the many image hosting sites. the way the image is linked to the CRC, and the format in which it is uploaded & held on the hosting site, will determine how it is shown when linked to the forum post.

This is all just my opinion and I would welcome any other thoughts on the matter.

Regards,
    Ian

PS Sorry, meant to say I am enjoying your upgrade - thumbnails or not!
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Thanks Ian. It's a retrograde step, making the forum less readable, and with disk space as cheap as it is now, being 'precious' about storing images seems very old fashioned. It's the only forum I post on that has done this.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    Thanks Ian. It's a retrograde step, making the forum less readable, and with disk space as cheap as it is now, being 'precious' about storing images seems very old fashioned. It's the only forum I post on that has done this.
    Most forums I post on have no functionality for hosting images on the forum itself, your only option is to use an external service and link them in (like https://imgbb.com).. disk space might be cheap, but bandwidth isn't..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123