Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMin View Post
    Hi Aaron,
    I fitted a T56 Magnum to an AK and it is a tight fit. From Gearbox to diff is only about 11" so if you allow for the UJs my 'stub' is about 3.5" (but it was cold in the garage!)
    Thanks Bob! Should be about the same for mine, I'll cross my fingers and hope for an extra half an inch though, I'm told it makes all the difference
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Hi Aaron,
    my last Dax had a T56 behind an LS2, not the longest prop in the world on that either.
    Just about able to get the prop in or out without issue and still have plenty of engagement in the box.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Excellent news - also good, because I just pulled the pin on the order with MDL.. now I just have to wait for it all to turn up on the slow boat (literally, as I'm using a freight forwarder).

I also ordered ~$5ks worth of engine parts, including the 462ci stroker kit and everything else Clive @ ProBuild needs to rebuild the FE..
    My DeDion build diary..

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Excellent news - also good, because I just pulled the pin on the order with MDL.. now I just have to wait for it all to turn up on the slow boat (literally, as I'm using a freight forwarder).

I also ordered ~$5ks worth of engine parts, including the 462ci stroker kit and everything else Clive @ ProBuild needs to rebuild the FE..
    So what did they recommend ?

T56 Magnum (2.66:1 first), installation hardware, neutral balance flywheel (my Scat stroker crank is internal balance), bolt kits, kevlar/kevlar clutch to suit my target power level and street driving, hydraulic T/O bearing (Tilton 6000), OEM Cobra shifter, shifter boot, trans mount, trans yoke, wiring harnesses for speedo & reverse.. basically the full package including all nuts & bolts.

I'm sure I could have reduced the cost a little by dropping a few things (the shift lever is fairly expensive and will probably lean the wrong way, now that I think about it), but it should all be a nice "matched set"
    My DeDion build diary..

T56 Magnum (2.66:1 first), installation hardware, neutral balance flywheel (my Scat stroker crank is internal balance), bolt kits, kevlar/kevlar clutch to suit my target power level and street driving, hydraulic T/O bearing (Tilton 6000), OEM Cobra shifter, shifter boot, trans mount, trans yoke, wiring harnesses for speedo & reverse.. basically the full package including all nuts & bolts.

I'm sure I could have reduced the cost a little by dropping a few things (the shift lever is fairly expensive and will probably lean the wrong way, now that I think about it), but it should all be a nice "matched set"
    Sounds just right, running by Easter, stop faffing about I have the OE shifter, boot and retainer ring, the shifter/gear lever actually feels just right cranked away, I was worried as well but it's been there 9 years now and works great. Glad they helped you out.

David

Thanks David! I think Easter might be pushing it mind, the container won't leave Miami until the end of March.. Maybe for the end of summer.. currently contemplating ordering the wheels from Vintage Racing and getting them put in the same container. Might as well, while I have the cash..
    My DeDion build diary..

Thanks David! I think Easter might be pushing it mind, the container won't leave Miami until the end of March.. Maybe for the end of summer.. currently contemplating ordering the wheels from Vintage Racing and getting them put in the same container. Might as well, while I have the cash..
    and before its £=$ after 29th march!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

By the time you add duty and VAT, it already is $=£..
    My DeDion build diary..

I'm sure Bob Lacey will do you a deal, then there is just Goodyear Billboards, might as well get them shipped at the same time, you know it makes sense

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast