Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I was just literally quoting Bob, but what I think he means was - there aren't any knock-on replacement hubs available for XJ40 uprights, so you have to use a "two piece" hub; the original XJ40 hub and then the knock-on adapter.. that means you can't have (really any) dish at the front, and the HAs aren't available with that little dish for the front.

Rears aren't so much of a problem, you just end up with less dish than normal, but the front already had almost none and with the hub adapters properly has none..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I was just literally quoting Bob, but what I think he means was - there aren't any knock-on replacement hubs available for XJ40 uprights, so you have to use a "two piece" hub; the original XJ40 hub and then the knock-on adapter.. that means you can't have (really any) dish at the front, and the HAs aren't available with that little dish for the front.

Rears aren't so much of a problem, you just end up with less dish than normal, but the front already had almost none and with the hub adapters properly has none..
    - ah, understood!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Hi Aaron...

Bobs a good guy and he knows his stuff around fitting knock ons to Jag cars as plenty of us have bought from him.

The HA's are a cast one piece wheel. They are a direct copy of the original in that respect, but the only backspace flexibility is what you can machine off the rear face.

On the rear you don't end up with less dish, instead Bob machines the thickness of your adaptor plate off the rear of the wheel to give you more backspacing. The issue will be there isn't enough meat to machine this off the front wheels. The pic attached is a front HA photographed from the rear. The adaptors are usually around 10mm thick (Bobs maybe 0.5"/12.7mm being American?). You can see that's tight to machine off.

I'm guessing the 427s are assembled wheels and this gives him some flexibility to change the backspacing. Nice wheels

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Yeah, exactly what you say, Lloyd, I believe.. it's a shame as I love the look of the HA's! I will have to 'slum it' with 427s, though

You can see how little dish you end up with on the front here, on Kev's car: http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...256#post573256
    My DeDion build diary..

Please can you stop posting those sorts of pics. Feeling jealous.
    Anyone want some gunmetal Trigos?
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Wheels, adapters and spinners ordered. Should be here in ~4 weeks (build time from Bob, air freight shipping is only 3 days). Gunmetal centres, brushed lip, "427" style.
    My DeDion build diary..

Wheels, adapters and spinners ordered. Should be here in ~4 weeks (build time from Bob, air freight shipping is only 3 days). Gunmetal centres, brushed lip, "427" style.
    You know it makes sence

There you go.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Indeedy! In fact I was even contemplating a very similar shade of blue for the car..

Should have just bought yours and saved myself all the trouble
    My DeDion build diary..

Indeedy! In fact I was even contemplating a very similar shade of blue for the car..

Should have just bought yours and saved myself all the trouble
    Look, you already made a public statement (albeit some years a go) that it was going to be banana-skin yellow.
    C'mon, honour your previous commitment, my Granny always said.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast