Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,785
    Hi,

    I have always felt that the pictures should be hosted by the forum - seemed sort of logical that the administration and members of the forum would take better care and be more responsive to any problems than would an external hosting site. The recent experience of those using Photobucket was a case in point, there is nothing worse than following an interesting thread only to find the pictures are not available.

    However recent experience on the Build Forum has made me question the whole purpose of maintaining a build thread and who it is for. I genuinely enjoy following the journey of others as they tackle problems and find innovative and interesting solutions - your thread being an ideal example. The lack of any response to the problem I have had, with the exception of "Happy Jim" (the name says it all, thanks Jim), may stimulate a change of procedure as the alternative would be to just abandon the thread.

    Thanks for the response and suggestion,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cowbridge, United Kingdom
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,843
    I also use IMGUR works fine.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    Hi,

    I have always felt that the pictures should be hosted by the forum - seemed sort of logical that the administration and members of the forum would take better care and be more responsive to any problems than would an external hosting site. The recent experience of those using Photobucket was a case in point, there is nothing worse than following an interesting thread only to find the pictures are not available.

    However recent experience on the Build Forum has made me question the whole purpose of maintaining a build thread and who it is for. I genuinely enjoy following the journey of others as they tackle problems and find innovative and interesting solutions - your thread being an ideal example. The lack of any response to the problem I have had, with the exception of "Happy Jim" (the name says it all, thanks Jim), may stimulate a change of procedure as the alternative would be to just abandon the thread.

    Thanks for the response and suggestion,
    Ian
    Keep the rebuild thread going...........

    I often find that by sitting down and typing a build thread update it makes you think about other things on the build. It can also make you think a different way about current or upcoming problems that you are struggling to find solutions for.
    Quite often I type an update whilst thinking I have a problem that I am not sure how to get over, wake up the next morning and overnight the mind has worked out a solution or come up with an idea!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,785
    Test post using Imgur to host



    01 Gear selector mechanism







    Well that seemed to work, now to try it on the build forum!!!!!!
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,785
    Tried the same process on the Build Forum but once again got the "500 Internal Server Error" message. After the fail and error message I am locked out of the CRC forum website until I reset the router (switch off & on again). I am thoroughly disheartened with the whole process and therefore going to make a tactical withdrawal from the forum.

    Thank you to those who tried to help,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    York
    Posts
    457
    Hi Ian, how frustrating mate. I empathise with the photo aspect of others build threads - when they disappear due to a hosting site going under or changing their policy.

    Would setting up a “Part II” under a separate thread work around the issue at all? Maybe you’ve thought of that already and tried it - apologies if so. I hope you’ll continue pitching in on the forum for others benefit, always interested in your view on problems and work arounds etc.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hilperton,Wiltshire
    Posts
    2,483
    Maybe someone can explain why it is so so difficult to post a picture on this site. Other sites are fine.


    Andy

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    . . . . Would setting up a “Part II” under a separate thread work around the issue at all? . . .

    Tris,

    Yes, I had considered that, but I got so frustrated with the whole business that a break seemed like the best option. Thanks for your response.

    Take care,
    Ian





    Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Maybe someone can explain why it is so so difficult to post a picture on this site. Other sites are fine.

    Andy,

    My thoughts exactly, I still can't shake the worry that it might be something I am unwittingly doing, or an obscure problem with my router or connection, but the fact I can post pictures on other forums, on this site and others, would seem to eliminate that as a cause.

    Thanks for your reply,

    Take care,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •