Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Careful...I've had chassis differences also welds completed without gas...so it is possible to have some fabrication issues...I had my chassis delivered without powder coating so I could inspect and correct anything I was not totally happy with. A bit anal but the powder coated chassis when finished was as close to exact I could get..
    HTH

Wait till you start considering paint design and if you go for traditional centre stripes. Then you’ll find the discrepancy is a little more of a problem.....

Having read everyone's comments I decided to look at mine too and can confirm that the right hand outer roll bar mount is 10mm further out than the left, which at first didn't concern me. Then I noticed that this has been reflected in the holes drilled in the top of the body. What I have found is that with the right hand mount being different it does not give a symmetrical appearance and therefore quite noticable. So I'm going to wait till the body has its first fit and decide whether to move the mounts and modify the holes in the body so that it looks square. This will I know need the mounting points adjusting too.

I did this. I would not do it again.
    Best
    RMC

I did quite a lot to mine.

I raised the rear number plate light area on the boot lid at the same time. I think it came out fine.

I think you either accept it as is or do as I did or even more if you wish. The thing to be aware of is that not all paint shops will be prepared to paint the car if you do the body alterations yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Mind if I ask which reverse & fog lights you french'd in to the rear of your car, Highlander?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

They were the IVA OK ones from CBS Aaron. The escutcheons I made from a sheet of polished stainless and bent them to the shape of the rear valance.
    They are the compact 115mm ones. The insides are painted silver but I fashioned a polished reflector out of thin stainless so that they are brighter.
    Last edited by Highlander; 19-03-19 at 10:05 PM.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.

Nicely done modifications, then! I like that, even if the originality police would arrest me
    My DeDion build diary..

Thanks Aaron, I did the same as I am sure others have done and got the AK supplied ones which once I saw them decided that in my opinion they were far to big to be fitted, hence the smaller ones now installed.
    It was then I realised that I also preferred the clean lines to the front and rear instead of the over riders and bumper look.......time will tell if I change my mind on that one!

They do look good and I agree actually - I think with the layout of the rear of yours it looks really good without the overriders and bumper.

I need to measure but perhaps you know - are they high enough up to meet the IVA requirements, there?
    My DeDion build diary..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast