Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Revotec Electronic Fan Controller problem

Hi
    The Revotec EFC I have in my cooling system doesn't seem to work. I have wired it into the GD Loom, using the GD relay rather than the one supplied with the EFC. From the EFC I have taken the black wire to earth, the red wire to a 12v supply (I have checked this and I am getting 12v to it) an the blue wire to the Green\black in the GD loom. I have spoken to a few people and this seems to be the way to wire it...............but it doesn't work!!
    As stated, I have 12v and a good earth so I'm not sure how else to check. Within the GD Loom there is another Green\Black for a fan override switch. I have used this to a lucas switch and the fan works fine when I turn that on.
    Any idea's for checking this out would be greatly appreiciated!

Martin

GD427 Mk4. Chassis No J0258

Ford 347ci Stroker - AFR 185 heads - Holley 670 - KB Pistons - Lunati "Voodoo" 272/280 Cam - 451 bhp/441 lbft.

Quote Originally Posted by martin_t View Post
    Hi
    The Revotec EFC I have in my cooling system doesn't seem to work. I have wired it into the GD Loom, using the GD relay rather than the one supplied with the EFC. From the EFC I have taken the black wire to earth, the red wire to a 12v supply (I have checked this and I am getting 12v to it) an the blue wire to the Greenblack in the GD loom. I have spoken to a few people and this seems to be the way to wire it...............but it doesn't work!!
    As stated, I have 12v and a good earth so I'm not sure how else to check. Within the GD Loom there is another GreenBlack for a fan override switch. I have used this to a lucas switch and the fan works fine when I turn that on.

Martin
    http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/dax-t...loom-help.html

If you scroll to the bottom of that thread you can see how I installed mine. Your mileage may though as the looms are for different cars.
    Tojeiro De Dion

The man from Dax say "It's within tolerance, you need a bigger hammer."

Revotec EFC

How can I test it to make sure the EFC is OK? I know there is a good 12v feed to it and an earth. Is there anyway I can short the EFC or somehow frig it to make sure the fan comes on OK?

Cheers

Martin

Ford 347ci Stroker - AFR 185 heads - Holley 670 - KB Pistons - Lunati "Voodoo" 272/280 Cam - 451 bhp/441 lbft.

im sure mine is wired like this and works fine, have you tried touching the green/black wire in the gd loom to earth to see if the fans kick in?
    Gone over to the darkside with a TVR Chimaera but really enjoying it. Not unlike the cobra but a bit more practical.

Hi Martin, I have a wiring diagram direct from Revotec showing the correct way to install the unit, including an override switch, It is important that you use there method, I wired a direct positive to the fan positive , and It worked well, but the unit failed, following a few phone calls to Revotec, I discovered that we were inadvertently putting positive back down the line to the electronic module making it fail.
    I cannot post it on this site, it wont work for me, but if you send my your e-mail address on a P.M. I will forward it on.
    Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

Revotec

Quote Originally Posted by BLOKE View Post
    Hi Martin, I have a wiring diagram direct from Revotec showing the correct way to install the unit, including an override switch, It is important that you use there method, I wired a direct positive to the fan positive , and It worked well, but the unit failed, following a few phone calls to Revotec, I discovered that we were inadvertently putting positive back down the line to the electronic module making it fail.
    I cannot post it on this site, it wont work for me, but if you send my your e-mail address on a P.M. I will forward it on.
    Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE
    PM on its way to you Frank

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin, you have an e-mail.
    Regards Frank. BLOKE.

Efc

Hi

I have rewired the EFC and fiddled about with the temp sensor and it works now. One problem.......(there always is) is that when the fan kicks in after receiving the "go" signal from the EFC, the 20amp fuse recommended by GD blows. They recommend 20amp if only horn, hazards, fan and heated rear screen(!!) fitted. I only have a single fan, horns and hazzards. GD are suggesting 30amp for a twin fan. I have upped the fuse to 25amp and this seems to fix the issue. Would you guys advise this as being OK?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin, no problem I have the large fan, about 16 or 18 inch and it requires a 30 amp fuse, these fans have a large inrush until they get running, always remember to carry some spare fuses.
    Regards Frank. BLOKE..

Quote Originally Posted by martin_t View Post
    Hi
    The Revotec EFC I have in my cooling system doesn't seem to work. I have wired it into the GD Loom, using the GD relay rather than the one supplied with the EFC. From the EFC I have taken the black wire to earth, the red wire to a 12v supply (I have checked this and I am getting 12v to it) an the blue wire to the Green\black in the GD loom. I have spoken to a few people and this seems to be the way to wire it...............but it doesn't work!!
    As stated, I have 12v and a good earth so I'm not sure how else to check. Within the GD Loom there is another Green\Black for a fan override switch. I have used this to a lucas switch and the fan works fine when I turn that on.

Martin
    Hi I know it's a long time ago but I'm having the same problem did you manage to wire it so it works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast