Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    There's a 6" length of skirting missing in the extension here where the previous owners never quite finished that particular job.. I'll get around to it one day! Must be something about skirting boards...
    - there is about a 100' of skirting missing here. I am usually reminded about this fact (in case i had forgotten that I have a full time job) whenever the in-laws visit.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    There's a 6" length of skirting missing in the extension here where the previous owners never quite finished that particular job.. I'll get around to it one day! Must be something about skirting boards...
    Funny, I have a bit of skirting board missing on the landing as well. Must be a car thing, mind you mine is only 4" long, Aaron is bragging again

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblock View Post
    Funny, I have a bit of skirting board missing on the landing as well. Must be a car thing, mind you mine is only 4" long, Aaron is bragging again
    It's definitely six, here.. I measured it and everything

My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

You only need 3 1/4" to keep them happy

Back towards the OP's original questions...

Difficult to see from the pics but make sure there are no places where any wires can rub against a sharp radius, keep harness bends as open as possible and dont over tighten cable ties, you can damage conductors inside the wires like that. Oh and avoid scotch lock at all costs as these are the devils work and come with free (invisible) gremlins which eat your reliability force field.
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

In answer to the OP's question about general reliability thoughts, here are my pearls of wisdom

1. Use a standard colour scheme, preferably BS AU7. It is amazing how quickly you will learn what the colours mean and any professional you have working on your car will love you forever.
    2. Include earth returns in the loom. Using the vehicle body/chassis as the earth return is a terrible idea (doubly so for a plastic car) and you would only do it to save pennies. 90% of vehicle wiring problems are earth related and you can remove all of these for the cost of two small rolls of black cable.

My two-penn'orth
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Just for balance.

Vehicle body/chassis earth return works perfectly well if executed correctly, lift the lid on most mass production cars and you will see the negative battery cable goes direct to the vehicle body/chassis. Of course have anything with a non metal body and this wont work.
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123