Hot Starting issues LS3

HI All

Has any of you had starter motor heat soak issues on a LS3

i am due for IVA in 4 weeks time so thought I would run car up to a good temperature to make sure of no issues

runs lovely until you turn it off and try and restart it, the starter motor doesn’t seem to engage fully and sounds awful , also got stuck spinning a couple of times so had to turn off battery isolator to stop it.

once car has cooled starts lovely again , any ideas ??

I had the same issue, turned out to be s poor connection to the solenoid on the starter.

Also worth checking/improving your earth for the starter.

Thanks for the reply , i read the same on a camaro site earlier so will get this sorted , how did you connect your solenoid to rectify the problem , mine is on a push on spade connector

Thanks for your help

It almost seems you have two issues but these could be common to a faulty solenoid.

If the starter motor is still spinning I would look at the solenoid feed as the solenoid is not disengaging the feed to the motor. Good clear connections and check all connections are tight. If you can monitor the feed voltage to the solenoid this will eliminate any thing prior to the solenoid e.g. starter button or ignition key issues. as the voltage should not be present on the feed wire once you release the key or starter.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy3112 View Post
    Thanks for the reply , i read the same on a camaro site earlier so will get this sorted , how did you connect your solenoid to rectify the problem , mine is on a push on spade connector

Thanks for your help
    My problem was using the wrong sized connector, but to make doubley sure I swapped it for the correct sized part and soldered it onto the solenoid.

Thanks for the replies chaps , I will get round to looking at it next week