Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ebay does it again.

Just to let anybody that views the Madgewick cobra on eBay and is interested in it. The car is now being sold by Classic car and Campers item number 283456262447 as you will see there is no photos of the rear this is because it's been hit up the arse the reg is hwv253x which is covered. The advert says undergoing preparation and no mention of the damage which I think is pretty poor for a garage that says they are totally honest? Car was up for £17000 2 weeks ago as damaged salvage. Posting just in case anyone is interested in it.

link here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-AC-C...oAAOSwa9dcuLEP

no rear photos in listing at all

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi Gary I have photos of the damage if anybody should need them I will send by email, briefly the bumper and overriders were pushed in to the body and rear lights splitting the rear at the lights and across the quarters and half way up the boot as well about 8" from the boot edge, which you can't see also the boot hinges have split the glassfibre where it's bolted through the body. I just think being honest and showing the damage would have been the decent thing to do.

It does say 'expect cosmetic imperfections' !
    Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

If it is as stated "CURRENTLY UNDERGOING PREPARATION" they might be repairing the rear end damage and will update following the repair. Bit naughty of them not stating or showing the damage. Buyer beware not all people are upfront and being economical with the truth.

Was the car on Copart? If so list the lot number. Very dodgy terms and conditions on listing ie purchaser is buying as a business buyer so no protection under the consumer protection act.

Andy

This line in the advert...

Please ensure that you have read the listing it its entirety and done all necessary due diligence before making contact: 07932 537294

Is putting the onus on the purchaser to discover for themselves it’s been damaged, it seems they’re not going to be up front about it......
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    This line in the advert...

Please ensure that you have read the listing it its entirety and done all necessary due diligence before making contact: 07932 537294

Is putting the onus on the purchaser to discover for themselves it’s been damaged, it seems they’re not going to be up front about it......
    Not just that, it states that you are confirming that you are buying as a trader, not a consumer (and therefore are not covered by consumer rights).

Not a seller that I would entertain dealing with.
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by skinnymathew View Post
    Not just that, it states that you are confirming that you are buying as a trader, not a consumer (and therefore are not covered by consumer rights).
    Been burnt by that one before .. that said, all that car needed was a new alternator to cure the myriad of electrical related faults, so better than the time I took a dealer on his word that all his cars are HPI checked and bought an undeclared Cat D write-off..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...te-off-scandal
    Read this.It is only the tip of the iceberg. A chap on an M3 forum I subscribe to is doing a lot of research on this by correlating HPI data with salvage auction data and discovered there are lots of heavily damaged cars with no insurance damage category on them and HPI/Experian clear. A TV company is in talks with him to do an exposure on it. The examples he has put on the forum are truly shocking. He has a website that checks vehicles against salvage auctions: www.vcheck.uk
    Check it out and pass on. It seems an HPI report is not worth the paper it’s written on.
    Dek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast