Leaving New York City

Just cause I wanted to post something fun....

John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

The movie that set my passion for Cobras when i was a kid..

Hi John

Great stuff keep 'em coming

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/

It's one of my favourite movies, right up there next to LOTR and African Queen. I saw the movie at the theater back in 1976 when I was 17, but although I thought the Cobra was "cool", I didn't know a thing about it's history. Back in 1983, my brother gave me a copy of Petersen's Kit Car magazine and I was hooked. I was 24 then and was determined to own a kit before I was 30. Didn't happen. But by age 33, I managed a down payment for the kit (there was a 1 year waiting list after the down-payment).

Here's the magazine cover:

John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

LOTR? What this is pliz?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    It's one of my favourite movies, right up there next to LOTR and African Queen. I saw the movie at the theater back in 1976 when I was 17, but although I thought the Cobra was "cool", I didn't know a thing about it's history. Back in 1983, my brother gave me a copy of Petersen's Kit Car magazine and I was hooked. I was 24 then and was determined to own a kit before I was 30. Didn't happen. But by age 33, I managed a down payment for the kit (there was a 1 year waiting list after the down-payment).

Here's the magazine cover:

DAX Cobra MK3 chassis, MK4 shell. Stainless steel butter dish. 110mm Cake tin. Whatever works. RV8.

Lord of the Rings (Peter Jackson movie trilogy). The books were first published in Canada around 1969 or 1970, and I read them then. I've read them countless times since. Bad memory, so each time it's fun all over again. That's why I buy DVD's. Each time there's either something I missed the first time, or I just forget various parts and enjoy it all over again!

I do remember all about Gumball Rally,but I still enjoy it every time I see it.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by GARY View Post
    The movie that set my passion for Cobras when i was a kid..
    Same here. Think I was about 10 or 11 years old, definitely late 70’s, watched it on TV.
    It was love at first sight and always knew I’d own one someday. That day was just 2 days ago and I’m now 51 !