Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Complaining Neighbours

Any suggestions on how to deal with next door neighbours that complain over noise and fumes when driving from garage to road. Threatening with police and council etc. Any legal suggestions welcome.

I think as long as your car is legal, insured and safe there is nothing they can do. A spot of jealousy creeping in there perhaps?
    If they threaten Police then very politely say, crack on!
    The more agitated or rude they get, the more polite you must be. Give them nowhere to go.

I would take the car out of the garage and put it back everyday and sometimes at night, even in the rain, eventually they’ll get used to it.

I hear pigs are good at eating bodies?

(Joking, I swear..)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

So they are only complaining about the noise and fumes when you drive from your garage to the road.......how long is your bloody driveway
    I take it in the interest of peace and harmony with their fellow neighbours, they have offered to push your car to the end of your drive every time you want to take it out as a compromise?
    I think as already mentioned, jealousy is driving their unreasonable complaining and the police would probably take the same view anyway!
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Tell them they're imagining it as the car isn't "real" anyway. Joking aside, I wouldn't go out of my way to annoy them. Giving them a legitimate reason for complaint isn't good.

Some people complain about anything. I know there are people who know they will send their food back even before they get inside the restaurant.

My neighbours are different. Most of them sort of like the notoriety of having such a car in their neighbourhood. The odd one refers to me as the guy who has the "noisy car" making sure I hear them. I just laugh.

You can't please everyone, so not much point in worrying about it.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Pull the baffles out and richen the mixture.

All of a sudden when you offer to put it back to how it was they will be reassured that it’s not as bad as it could be

Police won’t even be bothered if your moving in and out within reasonable hours. It’s a civil matter.

If it were me I would notify the local police that you are holding the next cobra club meet at your house and invite as many cobras as you can. Let the police show a presence that supports the kind manner that you are all driving in which will give them a good name also when the local press that you have already notified are on site doing a feature for the local paper

Watch the neighbours cry in their hands from afar.

I think we all should go electric...
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by simon_f View Post
    Any suggestions on how to deal with next door neighbours that complain over noise and fumes when driving from garage to road. Threatening with police and council etc. Any legal suggestions welcome.
    I am guessing there is a back story here, and that the complaint has not 'just appeared'?
    Is it a complaint regarding early morning noise? is their bedroom right next to your garage?
    Could it be you might have been having a fun time revving up in the garage?

I warned my neighbours about the early morning start-up on my IVA re-test - no problems. Sometimes people just like to have some notification/consideration if there is noise at unusual times. The fumes bit seems bogus.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I think we all should go electric...
    At least whilst getting from the garage to the road.
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast