Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Securing fuel line under the diff.

As far as I am aware the fuel line should be secured every 300mm, how did everyone do this on the AK as the fuel line travels under the diff, and no obvious places to drill p clips onto.

i have made a little bracket to fit under the diff more to prevent problems of going over humps etc. But is it classed as secured?

i have attached a couple of photos. Also are there any issues with he 'dip' in front of the diff. Had to do this so the braided steel doesn't touch the brake lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AK Gen II

Chevy 350

Tremec TKO 500

I don't know the AK kit but I've never known a fuel line running under a diff. Surely it should run over the top.

I have a MK1 AK admittedly but I as said above have taken the fuel line over the top of the diff as it is so much safer. I made it a solid copper line and secured it correctly so no problems in the future. A flexible pipe comes from the fuel tank outlet straight to the copper line and then this runs up to the front and then another flexible tail to the regulator (the fuel pump is inside the tank).
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Why run under the diff - would have to be flexible to take into account axle movement, so unsure how you would be able to clamp every 300mm - run over the top eliminates the need for axle movement and permits clamping?
    Chris Lutman -427SC Coupe / MG Tojeiro "LOY" replica

I am running a flexible hose anyway. Main reason for running it under the diff, is that I'm using a carter fuel pump which is mounted near the gearbox. I was worried about running it over the diff as the pump is designed to push not pull.

I run a carter mounted on the engine bay bulkhead low level near side. My pipe is braided as yours riuns underneath and slightly to the side of the diff but protected by the diff guard plate as standard on the XJS. Mine is Gen 1 not sure if XJ40 had a Diff protector !

Rog

The diff does not move as mounted directly to the chassis so mounting the fuel line under it does not matter other than for a road clearance point of view.

I tend to put a piece of heater hose or split conduit over the fuel line to protect it further and have never had an issue from it being under the diff. It would interfere with more moving parts if it were routed over the diff.

I have run under the diff and intend to make an aluminium bracket so attach to threaded diff holes just to keep it secure.
    AK GenII, collected 11th September 2015, passed IVA March 22nd 2017, On the road Friday 28th April 2017.
    LS6 468.4 bhp, 440 ft/lbs on the Dyno
    Canems ECU

Blog: http://markscobra.blogspot.co.uk

Feel a bit more reassured, I have done what Jordansghost has done, not sure if you can see it from the picture, but obviously not secured by p clips, just lies inside, is that enough for iva?

I would suspect so - as long as its not fouling on a moving part and its secure so cannot rub away over time then you should be ok. I am making a bracket a little bit more like and ice cream wafer with aluminium top and bottom and three bolts through. Two securing onto the diff and the other to separate the two pipes as mine has a return pipe from the regulator.
    AK GenII, collected 11th September 2015, passed IVA March 22nd 2017, On the road Friday 28th April 2017.
    LS6 468.4 bhp, 440 ft/lbs on the Dyno
    Canems ECU

Blog: http://markscobra.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast