Dual fan with Shroud

Hi there could anyone advise me of a dual fan with shroud fit that fits on to the standard (but large Dax radiator). There are a few on the summit web site however as the pipe at the bottom of the radiator goes through 90 degrees I was wondering if there would be sufficient clearance. If I need to I can modify the radiator return pipe (rather not) however I was wondering if anyone had already found a solution that meant I did not need to do this.. Many thanks for replies.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/der-16836
    Stuart
    Dax Cobra Silver and Cherry

Hi Stuart,
    If it's any help my early model Sr v8 with sd 1 rad has a second generation Ford Mondeo (2.0 let air con) twin fan/shroud assembly that I fitted many years ago .
    This has worked very well without any problems to date.
    I'm not sure about dad setup,
    Regards,

Chris.

Hi Stuart,

I also have been looking for a aluminum cowling but to fit my 16 inch fan . I am looking at replacing my old copper Dax rad if I cannot sort my leak for aluminum. I had it recored about 10 years ago by Essex Radiators but are no longer about.

My bottom outlet pipe is on the passengers side as its a Ford Dax radiator but still posses the same issue. My present cowling which is a good fit is for a single 16 inch fan and the cowling only covers the core which leaves enough of a gap for pipe fitting ( Volvo T5) I am looking at a complete rework and upgrade to aluminum cowling , replacement rad, and expansion tank with new pipework.

The Summit dual fan looks like nice setup. I see there is also https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...iew/?rrec=true might fit. Slightly larger.

Height (in): 18.000 in.
    Width (in): 26.000 in.
    Thickness (in): 3.550 in.

The other is

Height (in): 16.000 in.
    Width (in): 26.380 in.
    Thickness (in): 4.000 in.
    Last edited by jon1d; 04-05-19 at 05:51 PM.

Hi re your existing Fan 16 ( pressume CBS via dax) what fuse rating did you put in? my fan on start up pulls well off the scale on an ammetter test and blows 30 amp fuses. Current draw is meant to be about 13.7 A. I had to reverse the fan blade and polarity to pull through the rad, either way wired still pulls way to much for me.

Those summit twin fans pull 50 AMPS , jeez.

if up to changing radiator as well - i purchased an ally rad + 2 fans and shroud for a Nissan 200SX - they have the pipe work in correct locations, and beleive they fit a DAX a lot easier than they did an SRV8 - it required to much work to fit to an SR, so i didn't fit it in the end, but believe plenty on the forums have used them for AK, Dax models.

Link to ebay item:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-S1...p2047675.l2557

this is the one i purchased, in black, but sold it here:

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...684#post579684

cheaper that just that shroud alone from Summit, especially after VAT and import duties

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Make sure you go for the 3 row core 52mm uprated of the Nissan 200sx over the standard thick 42mm core .