Radiator Heating Issue

Hi.
    I'm having a few issues with keeping my Chevy 383 cool. It's in an AK Gen 2 model. The radiator is and SD1 but i dont think it's 3 cores looking at the width of it. When running the car it's usually sitting just over 100 degrees which I feel isa going to damage the engine.
    I've seen that you can fit these to the AK. The question I want to ask is how much work is involved in getting this to fit on the radaitor mounts of the AK and does the radiator cap cause an issue in the fact that you have the header tank with a cap on it and a radiator with a cap on it.
    Any help would be very much appriciated.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Row-Alum...75.c100623.m-1

Thanks
    Anthony

Hi Anthony,

The radiator you quote is the Nissan Silvia 240SX 180SX S13 SR20DET

Overall Dimensions: (mm):433H * 666W * 60T MM Core Dimensions: (mm): 360H * 642W * 52T MM

Also look at the

NISSAN 200SX S14 50mm core thickness

Overall size 670 mm×445 mm×60 mm Core size 635 mm×360 mm×52 mm 3 rows

The dimensions are similar and people have used the 200sx . As long as your going for a 3 row radiaror the volume increase is significant increase.

Your running temperature at 100c is high as your fan should kick in at 95c . Normal running should be 85c-90c.

The inlets and outlets of both the replacements suggested rads are in the correct location. Inlet size 35mm so not sure if have both your hose sizes are 1 1/2 Inch 38mm. Worth checking as you might need to reduce hoses.

The radiator cap on the rad cap can be non-pressure cap and blank the overflow outlet. Depending on the bottom mount position of the rad usually the height of the rad some times an issue . You could then tilt the rad back or have the cap mount removed altogether .
    Again fixing points and mounts will differ so some fabrication for the mounts.

Thanks for the info Jon. Looks like I'll have to buy one and then see how it fits to the mounts.

Anthony