GD T70 prices? (not cobra)

Anybody any ideas why there is such a huge variation in prices for the GD T70?

There is this one at £90k:
    https://www.mole-valley.co.uk/vehicl...3-a8d7009a737f

and this one at £50k:
    http://www.romansofstalbans.co.uk/st...r-douglas/1561

and this one at £80k:
    https://cars.trovit.co.uk/listing/ga....M71ZQ1a181p16
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Kevin,

The first (@£90K) is a Moda - development of the T70 with glass removable hard top, a beautiful car and one of my "Lottery Win" cars (I should point out that as I hate the Lottery with a passionand never buy a ticket I am never likely to own one!). The other two are T70s and represent extremes of the achievable price for a used kit car. All just my opinion from a position of (almost) total ignorance.

Hope this helps!
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Hi Kevin,
    i noticed the more expensive GD T70 had the Chevy LS7 7 litre installed while as the other two seem to be installed with Chevy 5.7 litre engines i have noticed this price variation when looking at Ultima GTR s the price seems to vary so much but the more expensive ones are always installed with the LS7.

The Grey one with white stripe was built buy a friend. It is an amazing car. Lots of small details and modifications to the chassis, body, engine in fact it took something like 900 hours to build the first time. All the carbon fibre parts are hand made buy Darren. Rear of the chassis modified so that the engine and gear box could be fitted. The brand new LS7 injection system was taken off and replaced buy a bespoke "more period" cross ram set up. The replacement roof is also his own design, which I believe GD are now incorporating into the standard package. After he had some worked done by "a company" on the engine mapping, which they didn't get it right, Darren took it out for a spin and there was a lack of power, when more throttle was applied, all the power was unleashed putting him side ways into a tree. Darren bought the written off car back and completely rebuild it to his exacting standards, making further improvements, which is the car you see in the ad. I am gutted as I didnt get round to being taken for a drive in it, so can't give a personal account of its performance, but Darren said it was mind blowingly quick and handled very well. If I had that sort of money, I would buy it without a doubt. This car is a genuine no expense spared (or short cuts) car.

Just want to add that although the car was written off, every damaged part was replaced and the car was tested again... The car was pretty much built from scratch a second time and tested.
    Last edited by Flykilla; 11-05-19 at 08:54 PM.

Just want to add that although the car was written off, every damaged part was replaced and tested again. The car was pretty much built from scratch a second time and tested.

Is it still “on the register”?
    Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.