Hawk 289 “slab side” Cobra

Just IVA’d and registered (April 2019)3080144A-6A64-4D1F-B95A-D449A3E18B6B.jpeg3080144A-6A64-4D1F-B95A-D449A3E18B6B.jpeg on an age related registration, I have put a "D" reg 1966 registration on the car. It was originally my intention to keep the car for the summer to enjoy it but sadly due to my financial circumstances, I am selling the car with just under 200 miles from new on the clock.

If you know the Hawk Range of cars, you’ll know it is one of the finest 289 replicas available. The parts quality is superb, and the parts properly engineered, and while not cheap, is certainly up there with the very best.

The car is fitted with a reconditioned fully independent Jaguar rear axle with inboard rear brakes (a removable panel is fitted at the rear of the cabin to enable servicing/bleeding of the calipers)

At the front in place of the usual MGB wishbones and lever arm dampers, the upgraded Hawk/Hoyle tubular suspension has been fitted complete with coilover dampers. The front brakes have also been upgraded and are Willwood four pot calipers.

The engine is a fully rebuilt Rover 3.5 V8 engine with a reconditioned LT77 5 speed gearbox. The engine is fitted with a remote oil filter, an Edelbrock intake manifold, electronic ignition and a Holley carburettor. Underslung stainless exhausts are fitted which give a lovely growl without being overly loud

Apart from the engine/ gearbox and rear axle which were all fully reconditioned, all parts used in the build were new.

In the cabin, the car has been fitted with Smiths instruments. A pair of black “Cobra" seats, a heater, moto lita wood rimmed wheel and the ubiquitous VW indicator stalk. the car has an immobiliser fitted.

The car has chromed knock on wire wheels and a Tonneau and while there is no hood (these are available from Hawk) the ferrules for the hood bows are already fitted.

The car comes with a large folder of receipts for the parts used in the build along with the IVA and Registration paperwork. there is also a Hawk build manual.

I have plenty of photographs should you require. Please contact me with and questions or if you would like to see the car.
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

£34,995
    07802 463848

Nice example and finish Simon . Someone will get a nice car and shame you could not run it for a season to enjoy your hard work.

Currently still available. £31,995

Hi Simon,

Take it to the Silverstone Classic this weekend and slap a "For Sale" sticker on the windscreen.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Another cracker for sale
    Best of luck.
    Regards
    Gav
    AK Ls1/t56
    Body on April 2014
    Passed IVA March 2017
    Registered April 2017.