Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thames Valley Meet - Tomorrow (19th May)

Stone me - where does the time go?

The usual - The Swan (RG7 1AT, off M4 J11) from 12:15. Hope to catch up with you guys!
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

will check weather first , to determine choice of cars , one way or another it will be softtop though

hi all i was going to try and make it this month but not to good at the moment
    so hope to see you all next month

Wife has planned a day out visiting, bu&&er, wish she would make note of the dates on my calendar.
    Next meet is White Lion, end of month, anyone doing that?

Ciao

On my way over now 😉

Hi,
    I am the proud new owner of a GD 427 that I found in Aberdeen and drove down last week to home in Bucks (Radnage, just off J5 of the M40). I would be interested in meeting up with other Cobra owners in reasonable striking distance as I know I have a lot to learn and certainly need advice on the mechanics.

I have always wanted to own a Cobra and an earlier retirement than expected, together with some health issues, made me determined to do it.

Can you let me know what events take place within reasonable driving distance. I joined the UK Cobra club at Stoneleigh a few weeks ago but have had no communication from them?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin.

Congrats on the purchase - and kudos for that marathon first drive!

I run the Thames Valley section, and as you'll have seen from above we meet at The Swan in Three Mile Cross (RG7 1AT, off M4 J11) on the third Sunday of each month from around 12:15. That's about 35 miles from you.

Tony Goff runs the Surrey, Middx and SW London section, which meets at The Ely in Blackwater (GU17 9LJ) on the first Sunday of each month from around 12:00 - that's around 40 miles from you. As the two venues are only 12 miles apart, we tend to attend both or flit between the two!

My Dax should be back on the road next weekend, so unless it's hissing down I'm planning to be at Tony's meet on Sunday - hope to see you there.
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info....I will certainly try and make The Swan (this coming Sunday?).

Luckily I had some beautiful weather to drive down and the car didn't miss a beat. I did 320 miles to stay with friends in Cheshire the first day then drove the rest the following day. The only problem was rather bruised hips as the bucket seats fit a bit too closely!

Do you know if there are any owners in Bucks? My postcode is HP14 4DY.

Am loving going out in the car but have a lot to learn about it.....which is half the fun.

Hopefully meet soon

Martin

.....sorry, just seen the reference to Tony's meet at The Ely. I will try and make it there?

Hi Martin, a very good choice on the gd
    I'm in the middle building mine and about 20 mins up the road from you in Tetsworth.

If you fancy seeing what's under the skin before the body goes on you're welcome to pop on one evening or weekend.

Cheers Greg
    Last edited by austin21; 30-05-19 at 08:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast