Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I have seriously considered just paying someone to finish it .. but that requires money I don't really have, and at this point I'm not sure there's even anyone left building Daxes (beside Dax) - Dave is busy with his beautiful replicas, Anthony is busy with Crendon, etc.

If I'm lucky, it might be on the road before they ban petrol engines..
    When I get laid off in a few months I may need something to do, might even resurrect my old classic car business.
    Too poor to retire, too old to go on the game, too married to not need money any more

very good Dave!

Aaron - think you need to start rationalising the toy box - too many broken toys and not enough time/money to fix 'em.
    I think there's a TV program you can apply to where a bossy woman comes round, tells you you're an arse and gets you to chuck out all the stuff you love.
    ...might be useful?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    very good Dave!

Aaron - think you need to start rationalising the toy box - too many broken toys and not enough time/money to fix 'em.
    I think there's a TV program you can apply to where a bossy woman comes round, tells you you're an arse and gets you to chuck out all the stuff you love.
    ...might be useful?
    Isn't that my wife ?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I have seriously considered just paying someone to finish it .. but that requires money I don't really have, and at this point I'm not sure there's even anyone left building Daxes (beside Dax) - Dave is busy with his beautiful replicas, Anthony is busy with Crendon, etc.

If I'm lucky, it might be on the road before they ban petrol engines..
    Nope, still daft enough to work on anything. Although Crendon is my main focus Absolute Horsepower is still very much alive. I seem to be IVA prepping and finishing more and more cars of late which currently includes a Cobretti Viper at present.
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

just to update - dash switches now trial fitted, had a chance to see the car in the paint shop, so trial fitted the dash to make sure I was happy!

just waiting on my modified wiper switch from S&J and this weekend ill have it covered and built up ready

.............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

okay,next update - gauges trial fitted, covering received an whilst she was at work.......

I measured the smaller holes to ensure I had allowed for the 1mm each side of the gauge.

got the vinyl down in the first attempt - phew

really please I got it right 1st time

started cutting the holes now and fitting everything in, my lucas loom requires 2 indicator warning lights so fitted right side to the right - ran out of time tonight - will finish off during the week

more soon...............

Lee

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Hi All,

latest update is progress has been really slow, spent my time on the sidepipes and other outside features whilst I was waiting for S&J to modify my wiper switch so it works like the original (gis a call mr Brookes!! Nailed it!)

so the pic is just progress showing the dash nearing completion. I've not fitted the 3 gauges as the tubes get in the way whilst I wiring it all in.

Hope this inspires you all, if you need any info drop me a line. I will start a thread on the body work next - Lee

Love that, Lee! Beautiful work.

Could you do me an (odd) favour and measure how tall your dash is where the steering column comes through?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Can do later for you, will update thread. Cheers Lee

Aaron, from the top of the column to the underside of the scuttle is 3 1/4” obviously the hole for the column takes a bit of that space but you don’t need to make an oval hole which would give you more space. If I measured from the top of the oval I only have 2 1/2”. Thanks
    Lee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234