WANTED - Fuel Tank ASAP

Hi all,

Looking for a fuel tank ASAP, based in Bristol (Old one had a hole in it).

Call/text is easier 07717 547 221

fuel tank for which kit??
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    fuel tank for which kit??
    From previous posts I think he has a very old Dax around the 1990 s ??
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Surely it's quicker to get it repaired and pressure tested?
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

It is indeed an older Dax, 1984.

Sorry should’ve said it, my better half was pressing me to stop looking at car bits

I’m taking the old tank to a shop tomorrow but was hopeful i might have come across something newer for a good price.

Current tank looks like it’s has a fair bit of work before....

Is it an MGB tank?
    They ain't expensive but you might have to adapt the filler point
    CHRIS C - SW REP - Maisie (DB No.46)
    Diplomat and expert on French Motoring Tribunals

My Dax is an 1988, tank made by Dax, just before this they were using MGB tanks, flange mounted from above and dropped thru the boot floor, as should be, I saw some bolted up from underneath to the boot floor.

If its an MGB tank, flat top with a mounting flange don't get it repaired, just buy new, very cheap and a sender unit that works for the tank and is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblock View Post
    My Dax is an 1988, tank made by Dax, just before this they were using MGB tanks, flange mounted from above and dropped thru the boot floor, as should be, I saw some bolted up from underneath to the boot floor.

If its an MGB tank, flat top with a mounting flange don't get it repaired, just buy new, very cheap and a sender unit that works for the tank and is accurate.

Took it to the repair shop, they just laughed, it had evidently been repaired on several occasions and not properly! It's scrap.

It indeed looks like it may have been a MGB tank, comparing with this here it looks very similar, although I can't see the underside but mine has a indentation that looks like maybe it went around a spare wheel or something from it's original car.

Looking at my boot, it was sat on the boot floor between two chassis struts.

Moss is only a few minutes away, have quoted me £108 for the tank and £12 for the sender, but unable to confirm if compatible with my smiths gauge.

Thanks all though, useful help!

Quote Originally Posted by DubblyDub View Post
    Took it to the repair shop, they just laughed, it had evidently been repaired on several occasions and not properly! It's scrap.

It indeed looks like it may have been a MGB tank, comparing with this here it looks very similar, although I can't see the underside but mine has a indentation that looks like maybe it went around a spare wheel or something from it's original car.

Looking at my boot, it was sat on the boot floor between two chassis struts.

Moss is only a few minutes away, have quoted me £108 for the tank and £12 for the sender, but unable to confirm if compatible with my smiths gauge.

Thanks all though, useful help!

If it's not compatible with your gauge Spiyda sell a device which can sort out this problem.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Put a replacement MGB tank in my Dax last year. Worth noting though that the new ones are a lot thinner than they used to be! My configuration meant blanking off the old filler and putting a new one in a different location. Just about managed to braze it but I admit I struggled a bit to get a decent joint around the new filler, it was that thin!
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box