Thread: Cobra meetings

Cobra meetings

Hi, new to the seen having just bought a cobra after 30yrs of lusting.. I see posted on FB etc. regarding Pub meets etc. Are there any on the south coast at all please? Lymington, Beaulieu etc..?

Hi Gowan and welcome.
    There are a few meets on the mainland with the closest two being in Hampshire and Dorset.
    There is a meet at Goodwood race track on the last Sunday of every month. I don't know who the organiser is but there is a separate section on this forum regarding different regions.
    The second one is at the Horton Inn just north of Wimborne on the second Sunday of every month. This is a recently regurgitated meet from distant past with two successful meets having been completed this year. I suppose I am caretaker for this meet at the moment but not the rep in any official capacity. I'll see how the next few months go before I commit. The next meet is in two weekends time.

Personally I am always out in my car with Lymington high on my hit list. I have been there quite a few times in the old girl. Beaulieu is also one of my destinations as well as further west in and around the Ilse of Purbeck in Dorset.

Would be good to see you if you are out and about mainland side.

Cheers,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Hi David
    thank you for the reply, I think the Horton Inn meet was local to the last owner of my car and he may have attended... Beaulieu would be a great meet and a local drive around the new forest etc.. obviously more the merrier.. As I am on the IOW, I would come across specially, weather permitting..... no idea how many owners are in the south area..?
    Crendon No13