Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcarsareus View Post
    Thanks Gowan, I see No13 is built along the lines of a roadster rather than semi comp which most of the "newer" car have gone ie underslung exhausts, over riders,glove box and door cards.

None the worse for that though.....only thing I might change is the steering column for the later setup.

cheers
    hi, new to this but I think mine (early AK bodies) are based on the SC (street car??) therefore for road use hence exhausts etc. Just getting use to it at the moment so not looking to take it apart .. have an ignition issue at the moment which I hope is just the dizzy cap etc. (New one due Wed)
    Crendon No13

Quote Originally Posted by Gowan View Post
    hi, new to this but I think mine (early AK bodies) are based on the SC (street car??) therefore for road use hence exhausts etc. Just getting use to it at the moment so not looking to take it apart .. have an ignition issue at the moment which I hope is just the dizzy cap etc. (New one due Wed)
    Yes based on the street car which is the roadster....SC was the Semi Comp.....basically cars built for racing converted to road (just) spec.

Plenty more knowledgeable on here will give you the correct information though

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by kitcarsareus View Post
    Yes based on the street car which is the roadster....SC was the Semi Comp.....basically cars built for racing converted to road (just) spec.

Plenty more knowledgeable on here will give you the correct information though

cheers
    thank you, either way.. love the car and driving it
    Crendon No13

Quote Originally Posted by Gowan View Post
    Your car has elements of both the street car and the semi comp.
    Street Car Elements
    Dash layout, also the presence of a glovebox
    Overiders, rather than quick lifts
    Underslung rather than sidepipes

Semi Comp Elements
    Hood scoop
    arguably the blue and white striped paintwork, which is the racing colours of the US and was on most if not all S/C cars

I would guess John was always aiming for a more realistic looking car than was common at the time in the UK, and using the AK body was simply a practical option before he sorted out his own version
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123