Ford v Ferrari trailer

Kev w the new film you talked about due out November 15th, official trailer Is on you tube, looks like it's all about the usual story but Ken Miles looks to be the the big part.........
    Last edited by 427jlc; 03-06-19 at 11:15 PM.

er, yup...that's what I posted
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I have been waiting for this movie for years, originally going to be a Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt movie with I believe Ridley Scott having some kind of input, but this all got delayed and changed, i have nothing against the actors Matt Damon playing Carroll Shelby or Christian Bale as Ken Miles. I been waiting for the trailer for some time, and owning the AJ Baime "Goes Like Hell" book which I`ve read twice on Fords G40 development to beat Ferrari at Le Mans, the book off which the movie is supposedly based, and I have many other books on carroll Shelby and Ken Miles, it seriously looks like the movie is going to be historically incorrect.
    For me and purist I believe the film will be in a number of ways a disappointment, as having watched the trailer I can already spot lots of mistakes, its a shame as I have been waiting for this move for years, and if you know anything about the true history of the people involved, the whole project and dates, to Hollywood glamorize it was uncalled for anyway. I may be wrong about it but I suppose I will have to wait and watch it in November, as a movie with two of my favourite cars in, Cobras and GT40s, I will be going to watch it, the sound alone of those cars in a cinema environment will be worth it.

First up, Damon looks abs nothing like Shelby, and they have made no attempt (apart from the clothes) to make him look correct. Even the accet seems a bit half-hearted.
    Bale's English accent is very peculiar, but at least he's got a decent sized schnonk to match Ken Miles, although it still isn't big enough.
    It looks like several variants of GT40 are in the trailer when I had assumed it would be just the earlier cars for 1966.
    I am guessing that Lola and activities at Slough will get air-brushed out.

OK, so Gary, spill the beans....lets hear hit.....you're among (pedantic) friends.....
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Got to see this at an IMAX cinema and may be 3D . You know you will all be looking to see every car is right lol and the story is correct. Yes will have to wait on how Matt Damon does Carroll Shelby.

Yep another thing i dont ever remember reading anywhere about Ken throwing a punch at what seems in the film to be Carroll Shelby, then Lee lacocca seems to be meeting Shelby for the first time for for an invitation to build the 1966 GT40 when they already new each other from 1965 Shelby Mustang project which became the GT350 Mustang of which Ken Miles did a lot off development and test driving on. I will guess that the film will forget about the Ford GT40 MK1 in 1964 being campaigned, tested and raced at Le Mans under John Wyers teamship and failing badly, whilst same time Shelby was racing his Cobra Daytonas with success in the GT Class, 1965 winning the GT Class. In 1965 the GT40 project being passed over to Shelby`s team where after much off a failed season eventually having there successes in 1966 with Ken Miles winning in the new MK11 427 GT40 at Daytona and Sebring and off course the controversial 3 car win at Le Mans which saw Ken being robbed off overall win and Championship. I imagine this part will be in the film to what the rest of the history will be and the whole Team Shelby i`m not sure, but i suppose its at least something that they have made it.

Remember with the stars in it, it has to appeal to the masses and get bums on seats. It wont matter that a lot of us know the finer detail, as long as they don't CGI crashes with 50 million end over ends rolls and the drivers walk away.
    Treat it as loose based entertainment and it will be great.

Crendon Chassis No.49