Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Insurance and 'agreed value'

I have just insured my Dax with ClassicLine for what i think is a good deal at around £200.

They have offered me an 'agreed valuation'. I could do with some help on what a 1986 Dax with a FE 427 dual quad (1964) is worth! I was thinking £40k was probably somewhere near but I am really not sure. If I had to replace it, engine and all, it would cost me a pretty penny. I guess the engine might be worth more than the car!!

Any ideas??
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Hi Chris,

I would think at more or less what it would cost in parts to build again certainly worth a try.

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/

Chris

Dax with American V8 small blocks are round high 30's . Depending on trim ,paint condition 40k would be on the conservative side as the FE 427 engine would be costly to replace 15k. Dollar to sterling and shipping on top !

http://southernautomotiveengines.com/427

The agreed value should be what it would cost to replace the car if you suffered a total loss. This would be the cost of a like for like car, built, registered and on the road not the cost of the parts to rebuild. I guess the £200 premium is postcode based as my insurance is half that!
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Just based on your description I would guess you'd want to be considering an agreed value somewhere into the £40k's. Usually the insurance companies require you to send photographs but may also need some sort of official valuation from a 3rd party (dealer or club official etc).
    With 'agreed value', unlike the standard 'market value', there is no devaluation in the car's value each year.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Really, £100! I am rural but I guess Perth is a long way from anywhere!!!! I paid £300 last year and thought I was doing well at £200. I've paid it now anyway.

Chris,

I think it was insurance plus extra of £100 for guarantee evaluation thats how I understood . I have been with Adrian Flux and they always give me good price with guaranteed evaluation on 3,000 miles with full breakdown cover including Europe 60 days for £250. They don't hike it up each year by stupid amount like some do and hope you just pay. Guaranteer evaluation is five photo's car body plus interior shot and engine every two years new photos required.

Don't think any would get away with £100 !

I’m also with Classicline, have been for 10 years with all my previous hotrods and customs. Fantastic company.
    I’m also paying £200 for my cobra with a £40k agreed value. Mines is a Dave Brookes Dax with a 6.3 stroker, so I’d suggest £45k for yours?

Thanks Boss, good to know they are a sound company (they did a great job on the phone) and £45k sounds about right then.

Make sure your insurer's don't have a ceiling for "this type" of car.

I'm sure my insurer's said their ceiling price was £40k, irrespective of the agreed value.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast