Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Jon,

I'm currently half way through changing my side pipes to a pair of DB's and have bought this silicone to use - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERMATEX-...72.m2749.l2649

Interestingly, when I collected my pipes from Demand Engineering where I had the headers expanded and some welding done they said they use normal bathroom silicone from B&Q for joins (didn't mention header to head though).

I may have gone overkill with the high temp stuff but thought it's a small price to pay.

Sean
    Too many idiots, not enough villages!

Sean,

Just bought the same stuff so will be busy the weekend if it arrives. I will report back once its fitted. I think they say leave it 24 hours before starting the car for it to cure enough. This stuff goes up to 370c and normal silicone is only about 180-210c so at least its belt and braces with the Permatex even if its over kill it should last longer. Just got to make sure the surface faces are nice and clean before applying.

Do you know how easy it is to get it apart again when you need to?
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Yes only had to do it once on one side and it was not that hard at all considering how well it works.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Found my original invoice for the gaskets I fitted. They were in fact Hedman Hedders part no. 27720 and gasket material: Compressed fiber laminate. These are the ones that did not last and cracked so avoid .

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...view/year/1972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12