Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It’s not a respray your Daughter needs Andrew, it’s a new pair of glasses
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

I think the glasses comment was hilarious. Had me rolling over on the floor. I can almost hear the conversion between father and daughter and I don't think glasses were mentioned.
    Some daughters retreat there cars as if its an iphone and don't take the plastic cover it comes with on the screen . Keep every thing as new . But then you have bish bash bosh daughter who do not give a monkeys and scraps are character of the car !

A compressor and a spray gun might be an investment. You don't have to spend a fortune to get great results. Invest in a quality mask. SGS Engineering do some great things and good prices.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc24...essor-tool-kit
    Last edited by jon1d; 17-06-19 at 05:05 PM.

2nd SGS - looking at getting one of their 50ltr compressors myself at some point - they have them on offer now and again £119 inc VAT and delivery i've seen them for - they do a fair few accessories to go with them too.

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I got there trolley jack and axle stands . Great prices and quality items.

The Gunman has some great tutorials such as this one https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VRDGAR

This is a good site for guns and materials https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/index.php/

Go for a conventional air cap with your compressor setup i.e. not HVLP as you really need a turbine compressor for HVLP to get full atomisation

Another SGS fan here. I have their axle stands, 3 tonne trolley jack and engine stand.......great products for the price.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.

I hope the glasses comment didn’t offend and to make amends have found a more suitable form of transport for your daughter
    BC682A2A-D004-41EA-88D7-956113295BA3.jpeg

Hmm hope that picture comes out? They usually just download when I add them to a post!

All tongue in cheek and hope you get the car sorted.

She needs more than glasses! And a bumper car is very apt!!

Perhaps she has been out in the Cobra too much with me and thought that, at 19, you could drive a Clio the same way! Anyway she is off to Singapore for a month soon to visit her brother so I should have a decent chance to have a crack at the spraying - I never seem to have enough time to do a job properly but as her mum is going with her (!) perhaps I can finally do some jobs right........ The SGS recommendation is a great one - I have their 100 litre compressor already and it has been amazing. I just dont have a spray gun but with all the recommendations above and the videos I am sure that I can get one and have some fun learning during the summer. Trouble is the wife will then want some furniture or something for the house sprayed! That list just keeps getting longer.

Thanks again.
    Andrew
    AK Gen1 - Ford 351W - Dream come true

Jon - the conversation/clash between mother and daughter was even better........ I was just a spectator!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    I think the glasses comment was hilarious. Had me rolling over on the floor. I can almost hear the conversion between father and daughter and I don't think glasses were mentioned.
    Some daughters retreat there cars as if its an iphone and don't take the plastic cover it comes with on the screen . Keep every thing as new . But then you have bish bash bosh daughter who do not give a monkeys and scraps are character of the car !

A compressor and a spray gun might be an investment. You don't have to spend a fortune to get great results. Invest in a quality mask. SGS Engineering do some great things and good prices.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc24...essor-tool-kit
    AK Gen1 - Ford 351W - Dream come true

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast