Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    We will get to Ferrybridge Services WF11 0AF at 12pm and stopping for one hour if you want to meet up.
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Thanks Charlie. I don't have a specific time to leave tomorrow. Just a case of setting off when I'm ready as I still have a few things to sort out in the morning. I'll see what time it is when I get to Ferrybridge, otherwise see you later in the day at Ashington.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post
    I also here big Tony is attending in that little hairdryer he got..... so i might come for a blat with you Sunday in either the Cobra or my W204 C63 and show him a real car..... hehe
    And there's me think you northerners didn't have a sense of humour! If you do come over Tommy, it'd be good to see you, it's been a while!
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Double post??
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Charlie,

I echo what Tommy has said above (apart from the heartless and scathing remarks about our former Snake Torque editor - even though he has been drawn to the dark side!).

I am based just of the A1 north of Newcastle, but not as far into the heathen territory of Northumbria as Ashington. I will be working on the upgrade of my Sumo on Sunday, which is currently SORNed, so will not be able to join what would have been (and I am sure still will be) a great convoy. Some great driving roads up towards the borders so I am sure you will have a great time, even the weather looks set fair.

I will PM contact details in case I can also be of assistence during the odyssey.

Take care & have a great trip
    Ian

Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    And there's me think you northerners didn't have a sense of humour! If you do come over Tommy, it'd be good to see you, it's been a while!
    Genuinely will try, its all a bit last min really. I have a good mate up from that London for the weekend and she only gets home twice a year so we are having a catch up on the Sat night in the toon, so Sunday could be a slow start until the hangover has gone, and its safe for me to drive.

Be good to see you.....

Back home after a great 6 days. Overall the weather was good for us until we returned today. I must admit that we were a bit wet by the time we pulled in to the driveway. Basically rained all the way home and close to Newark we went through a cloudburst! Very hard to see with as much water on the inside of the screen as outside. Yep, we came down without the hoods on except for one Wuss who lives at Coventry! Some great driving roads were experienced!
    Charlie
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Charlie,

Glad to hear you got back ok, albeit a bit damp. It's been p155ing down all day here. I did think about you guys travelling back today when I was getting rained on at work.
    A great trip once again. Thanks for all your work in making it a success and everyone who attended that made it so much fun.

Russ.
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Here's hoping that next year's tour at least matches it for fun, and surpasses it for weather ! Glad you guys had a good time
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Er, lovely and dry for our trip to Cumbria, roof down all the way......

Charlie organised a great tour as always even though we had to do it in tin top due to clutch problems. Soon realised even jcw mini don't go round corners like my cobra !!!!!!!!! Looking forward to next year with external slave on the clutch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12