Jag E-Brake Adjustment

Way back when I installed my E-Brake cable and lever, I found that to get it to work, there was no adjustment left on the threaded fitting where the end of the cable threads in. Nevertheless, I did get it to work.

I happened on this Jag Brake Service info the other day and it says that there are separate brake pads for the E-Brake and an adjusting screw. You turn it all the way in, then back off 1 turn. Repeat for other side.

The pictures aren't very clear, but in the sketch, it looks like P/N 1260 is the screw to turn:

http://www.erareplicas.com/427man/jagrear/eb.htm

As I purchased the whole rear suspension already to drop in, I never really looked at the E-Brake set-up.

Can anyone confirm this is a typical set-up, and that I can tighten things up a bit by making the screw adjustment?

Note: Rear end is from a Jag sedan, narrowed. Not sure what year, but they started to do this when used E-Type rear suspensions started to become scarce.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Yup, 100% that screw is the correct one

Regards
    Jim

Doesn't this auto adjust by nut 1273 getting actuated if arm 1264 moves too far? In which case that that instruction is just the initial position.

Still worth doing of course.

Thanks guys. I guess the cable wasn't quite specified to the correct length. I've never had trouble with it (possibly as it's self-adjusting), but if I do, there's no more adjustment. So if I can't get a different cable, I can always add a spacer to the lever end, as shown below:

John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”