Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Built x2 SRV8s, second one was SVA and failed on noise only.

Could you expand on the seat belt mounts as im addressing mine now

ie can you allow fittings to rotate on a bolted down collar,? Bolts must have 8.8 stamped on them or equivalant? Can the chassis have threaded captives to receive the bolt like the iva rear towers on the dax? Or do the bolts have to bolt right through chassis with a nyloc nut.?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cobragreyhead View Post
    Could you expand on the seat belt mounts as im addressing mine now

ie can you allow fittings to rotate on a bolted down collar,? Bolts must have 8.8 stamped on them or equivalant? Can the chassis have threaded captives to receive the bolt like the iva rear towers on the dax? Or do the bolts have to bolt right through chassis with a nyloc nut.?

Cheers
    If you are going to Gillingham you will need to make some 4mm thick (min) 100mmx100mm steel plate to act as spreader plates for the seat belt mountings either side of the seat. They won't except standard spreader plates from the likes of Merlin or Europa.

Gillingham will also require the upper seat belt mounting point to be triangulated, unless you have a Sumo, which is apparently OK.

These can be bolted through and fixed with a nyloc and a washer with the bolt having the minimum tensile rating as per your post.
    Last edited by KevinW; 26-07-19 at 01:26 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I assume Cobragreyhead has a Dax based on his comment .. the standard seatbelt mountings are:

1) Captive threaded fitting in the tower that the roll hoop rear leg bolts to; this has triangulation plates connecting it to the chassis and is (of course) also bolted to the roll hoop effectively forming a very large triangle..
    2) Outboard seatbelt is through a captive threaded fitting welded into a tube which is welded to the outboard side of the chassis rail
    3) The inboard seatbelt is through a captive nut welded to the inside of the "prop catcher" hoop, which is also triangulated to the backbone brace by more tubing

I'd hope all those are IVA friendly, the only one I wonder about is the inner seatbelt mounting, though the captive nut is welded to (I think, can't measure from my desk in Berlin) 4mm plate steel which is, in turn, welded to the chassis at the lower edge and prop catcher hoop on the forward edge (it's a vertical plate). Reinforcing any of those would be an absolute ballache with the body on.. and (IMHO) render them weaker if you moved them to other areas (floorpan, say) regardless of spreader plates. Of course, IVA tester knows best....
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

My Dax went through IVA at Gillingham with just the standard seatbelt anchors. No roll hoops and no additional spreader plates. The tester knows that the Dax fittings are compliant as they are.
    Colin
    Dax Standard Chassis. Ford 302, AOD auto, DB s/s sidepipes, 2017 T reg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12