Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ultima

Very impressive, and although I don't like to be negative, I have to say I really think it would look better without the rear wing. Maybe a different style if it really needs a wing.....

Thanks for posting though. I wasn't familiar with these cars.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Quote Originally Posted by cperry View Post
    I spoke to the sales team at Silverstone Classic last year, they said 40-50k.

Then I asked an owner, he said 70k
    That's pretty much my experience with building a Dax, though, too.. The price list suggests £25k is doable but the reality is probably twice that for the spec I was aiming for.. I stopped counting. Too painful.

Anyway, I love the Ultima and the RS is gorgeous, even a nod to practicality with the electronically adjustable ride height (i.e. it might actually go over speed humps now) but for the price and total lack of practicality (it's not a car you're going to go on a long holiday in!) I think I'd rather a Gallardo (~£70k), V10 Audi R8 (~£60k) or 991 997.2 C2S (~£50k) and actually be able to go away for more than one night

.. I think.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    That's pretty much my experience with building a Dax, though, too.. The price list suggests £25k is doable but the reality is probably twice that for the spec I was aiming for.. I stopped counting. Too painful.

Anyway, I love the Ultima and the RS is gorgeous, even a nod to practicality with the electronically adjustable ride height (i.e. it might actually go over speed humps now) but for the price and total lack of practicality (it's not a car you're going to go on a long holiday in!) I think I'd rather a Gallardo (~£70k), V10 Audi R8 (~£60k) or 991 997.2 C2S (~£50k) and actually be able to go away for more than one night

.. I think.
    - you obviously haven't seen the luggage pods in the sills, Sir, and the Ultima badged holdalls to go in these
    (I realise I am sounding like Mr Marlow's sales rep)
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind. Cobra owners criticising lack of practicality! We’re all guilty as charged But it’s got to be the ultimate (see what I did there) track day car.
    Dek
    Last edited by Dek; 12-07-19 at 02:56 PM.

Spoke with a few builders and 67k -80k upwards for box standard.Once you start looking at add-ons plus engine options. Quoted M3 price lol RS must be north of that with all the carbon fibre.
    The drive is completely different to a cobra lot lower and harder to the ground. I find the cobra boot is great if I remove all the tools I carry around haha. Trip to Lemans with two large rucksacks covered us both for the trip in the cobra. The ultima drive using his side pods and small space upfront got a fair amount into it.

Kevin W.
    Your inbox is full.
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Kevin W.
    Your inbox is full.
    Now cleared!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Hi all,
    i have had thoughts about the older Ultima GTR for a few years now, even last year i was thinking of selling my Cobra and looking for a decent priced Ultima, as there were some out there on Piston Heads ect, still not given up on the idea, this new one takes it to a whole new level, i would love one if could afford one, loads of Utube videos out there, this one is tasty,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVXtTdgPfjQ
    Gary

Just found this one,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283515101968

This guy seems to be impressed,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_chxOouYY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast