Cobra unrelated: Student Finance

Nothing to do with Cobras whatsoever, other than the above will be a siphon on the toy car piggy bank.

Stepdaughter expecting to go to University in October, and I'll need to top up her student loan.
    Are there any tax-efficient methods out there to do this?
    I have looked and drawn a blank so far.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Kev

As you know my lad went to your uni, you met him when he collected some bits from you, we couldn't find anything apart from just the knowledge our loan to him would be interest free, providing we live long enough to get it back.

Problem we found was that where some student loans go a long way, ie in the north where rent etc are lower, Surrey where he was, and I'm sure you know how much rent is down there, and the London's are just horrendous for what you get.

Not sure if many are aware but I believe the good old fleecing UK Gov were making so much interest from the student loans they sold this on to a third party, I'm sure some Gov official will be on here to explain or put me right.

We did say we were concerned that he was drinking and playing football thru uni rather than studying, ( you know I coached there for 6 years so he couldn't say I didn't know ) and that our loan ( hahahaha ) was to help him worry less about the debt, however slap in the face for dad when he went and got a first with one of the highest for his group etc, whatever they call it.

I looked at it this way, some of us want to be buried with a coffin load of notes and fantastic bank statements but no memories, we looked at it at we may be poor in our old age but we have helped the kids and seen them enjoy themselves and do more than we ever did, lovely memories.

Fraid its just a choice old chap, we couldn't find any tax efficient ways, legally.

NB

Goodwood Breakfast Club, 1st Sunday in August, your Cob is ready now, see you there.

Move to Scotland!
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

pm sent kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Move to Scotland!
    I wish....so many better ways of doing things.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.