Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    257
    Glad you asked. I HATE them. Anything with COB, or 'C600BRA or C008BRA, etc are tacky and crap. IMHO. Don't do it.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    8,530
    I have CSX 427 X. It ain't period, but I like it.
    If people ask me what the car is I say 'type that into google'. brings a smile...at least to my face.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

    Not listed in the Shelby Register.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    Glad you asked. I HATE them. Anything with COB, or 'C600BRA or C008BRA, etc are tacky and crap. IMHO. Don't do it.
    If you come along to either the Surrey/Middx or Thames Valley meets and wonder who the owner of the tacky and crap CC06 BRA Dax is, it's mine!

    The fact is that these cars are all about personal preferences - that's the whole point of them. One man's meat and all that .....
    Alan

    CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)
    Dax 427 DeDion - Huddart SBC 383

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    I have CSX 427 X. It ain't period, but I like it.
    If people ask me what the car is I say 'type that into google'. brings a smile...at least to my face.
    Funny, when people ask me questions like that I normally say "F**k off and go and talk to someone who's interested in your inane twaddle"


    I guess I'm not a people person?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    se-london, england.
    Posts
    3,437
    LoL. This is great. Kit car? Not a kit car? Age old question. Even a Q plate doesn't matter. If you like your car then put what you want on it. I've seen some weird stuff over the years. They are all pretending.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toton, Nottinghamshire
    Age
    46
    Posts
    847
    Have you asked your cousin Alex whether he'd like a "COB" number plate? He's the one who will be driving around with it.

    Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by route66 View Post
    First World problems
    Indeed! ๐Ÿ˜œ

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford Essex
    Posts
    818
    Each person has there own preference and if you can afford it why not. You get two bidders at an auction for a personal plate prices can rocket. The DVLA seem do O.K.with there auctions make lots on money and I hope we some benefit put back into the system!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Funny, when people ask me questions like that I normally say "F**k off and go and talk to someone who's interested in your inane twaddle"


    I guess I'm not a people person?
    I guess not.
    At the last show I had loads of interest from people, even though the bodywork isn't painted. Many didn't know what it was, but liked the car anyway and just wanted a chat. Lots of people thought it was a 60s restoration project
    Hopefully has the same reaction at the next show this Sunday.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

    Not listed in the Shelby Register.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Curridge, Berkshire
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    If you come along to either the Surrey/Middx or Thames Valley meets and wonder who the owner of the tacky and crap CC06 BRA Dax is, it's mine!

    The fact is that these cars are all about personal preferences - that's the whole point of them. One man's meat and all that .....
    Or look for mine G5BRA at similar meets - each to his own, itโ€™s all a bit of fun anyway.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •