Unhappy Mini Heater Motor.

Hi Lads
    I wonder if anyone can help the the Mini Heater in my Pilgrim appears to have shorted out and blown the fuse.

Can I remove the Motor separately in place or is it a dash out again job.

Cheers Jock.

It rather depends how it was installed. If it is boxed in with panelling and how easy that is to remove. In my case I fitted it as Pilgrim showed in the Manual and boxed it in with shaped 'mill' board which was easy to detach. That said the whole mini heater is removable without removing the dash although it does depend if you can release the slider knob. I know it can be done as the heater radiator failed on mine within the first year of use and had to be replaced which entailed removing the whole assembly. Quite a fiddly job but can be done. I don't think you can remove the motor without taking the complete assembly out.

Best of luck,
    John

Thanks John
    I never boxed anything in the heater is still visible from either side in the footwells but wasn't sure if I could remove it for the tubular bracers under the dash. Hopefully I can work away as you say to remove it without removing the dash. Best done along with doing the Radiator when I finally decide what radiator to fit.

Cheers Jock

Mine is quite an old Mk3 without the tubular braces so it may be rather more difficult for you.

Good luck

John

Mine's an older one too but I have done it. Depends on where the bracing is I guess.

You have to push the heater towards the front of the car when it's undone to get the adjuster through the dashboard (assuming yours still has the adjuster on the front)

Sorry had another thought. The motor comes out of the heater housing from the side so do you need to remove the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dgosumo View Post
    Sorry had another thought. The motor comes out of the heater housing from the side so do you need to remove the whole thing?

Hi Lads
    Thanks very much again for all the helpful replies and also for the Exploded view which really helps. Will try and get a look at it in the next week or say and will let you know how it goes. Cheers Jock