Thread: Newbie in Bucks

Newbie in Bucks

Hi All

I think that I am not alone in it taking some time for my registration to the forum to be confirmed - I'm in now though

For as long as I can remember and certainly ever since I first saw one I have wanted to own a Cobra. For one reason or another until now a Cobra has seemed a little too far out of reach but for a long time I have had some sort of petrol head related toy and am currently on my third Dax Rush.

A while ago an opportunity came along that was just too good to turn down. A friend of a friend was building a Cobra but as too often happens their circumstances changed and they took the decision to sell it unfinished. To cut a long story short he wanted to sell it to someone that would finish his project rather than sell bits of it off and I believe that I got a bit of a bargain compared to what he had spent on it to get it to what I reckon to be about 80% finished.

I'll start a separate thread in the relevant section so I can show progress and ask all manor of questions that I should know the answer to already. I'll also get some pictures in there too. Is the best way to post photos here through photobucket? This is how I have done it before in the Dax forum for posting about the Rush.

I will also be selling the hard top I got with the car but again will search out the classified section for that.

I am wondering how many Cobras might be near to me. I'm in a village a few miles outside of Aylesbury - anyone nearby?

Matt

Hi Matt,

I am based in Radnage, the other side of Princes Risborough from you but had an incident today (on another thread) at Aston Rowant and am going to be off the road for a while. I have a GD Mk3 which I absolutely love and have had it for under 3 months after wanting a Cobra for some 50 years! There is a chap called Greg in Tetsworth building a GD Mk4 which is going to be absolutely beautiful and I saw an orange Cobra recently on the Thame to Longwick road but otherwise have not met anyone really local.

PM me if you are on for meeting up once my repairs have been sorted out.

I will look out for your progress! You will absolutely love it.....

Best

Martin

Hi,

High Wycombe, AK Gen 1 in progress. Have a look at the Thames Valley thread in regions near the bottom of the forum, quite a few of us local'ish and a few "quiet" ones also in the area!

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Hi matt I live in Milton Keynes not to far away I had a Dax built for me by Dave Brooks about 6 years ago.

Good to know there’s a few owners around the area

Lane End nr Marlow 30 year old Dax . Finished for this year anyway!!
    Drag racing and track day slightly modified. I like to think it's a go car not a show car!
    Cheers Clive

Hi Matt,
    Yep I'm Greg the one over in Tetsworth.

Not far from you. I'm mid build of a mk4 gd at the moment. Although it's turning into a longish build due to work and family commitments.

Hopefully will see you around soon
    Greg
    Building MK4 GD Jag based with a Chevy 383/tremec tko600.

Build blog/photo store https:/www.facebook.com/pg/gregsGD427