Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getrag gear shift.

Just bought a Getrag 265 from a Jag XJS. Anyone any idea where I can get the rubber grommets/bushes that mount the gear shift bracket to the gearbox casing? ( 4 bolts that mount the gearstick mechanism to the gear box itself) The existing ones are almost non existent.
    Looked all over the internet and made a few phone calls but to no avail.

Cheers,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

I had the same problem, ended up making my own. B&Q sell tap washers that are roughly the same sizes but you have to buy 2 different sizes, make a hamburger style of 1 large then 1 small, then 1 large again.I used a hole punch to open up the centre holes so the bolts push through but still with some resistance.a drill was a bit messy, the small one should fit inside the large hole in your bracket and the 2 bigger washers sit either side. With steel washers either side they all compress quite well. They are quite high density washers.
    If you use thick stainless washers the same size as the outer 2 big rubber washers, they hold everything in place and I've had no issues. Just my solution as I also got fed up of trying to source them after 3 weeks of trying. I can't remember if I superglue the small one to one side of the big ones like a top hat but I don't think you need to. This can all be done on the bench so you can see if it's all okay.
    Lee

Do they need to be rubber? I made (well when I say made I mean I got my butler to knock some up for me) stepped washers for the remote on my R380/LT77 box and works fine. Don't think I'd notice any additional noise in the Cobra and I can't see these wearing out or falling apart.

They are too absorb any vibrations, but if you like something vibrating in your hand whilst driving, everyone to their own!!

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    They are too absorb any vibrations, but if you like something vibrating in your hand whilst driving, everyone to their own!!
    Maye I just got lucky but I don't have any vibration problem through the lever.

I had thought of hard mounting the mechanism but Jon at AK advised against it. I called him to ask about the adaptor plate to the Chevy bell housing. Very helpful chap despite the fact I have a Dax. Would recommend AK to anyone.
    However he was just as much in the dark about these rubber mounts.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

I managed to source some off the internet.
    I'll see if I can dig out where I got them from..

Try David Manners group jag parts.
    The part number of the bush is FRC7418J.
    I think that's the part you're after.

You’re a star. Many thanks. 🙂

David.

Thanks Incey, I'm going to check as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast