Sumo wheel arch alignment

Thought the fitting of my Sumo Mrk111 body was going too well. I lined up all the body as your supposed to i.e. manual and A car is born DVD, fastened it at back and front with bolts and rivets. To my surprise the body sat perfectly square on the arches. I cut off the angled bit on the front arches as the tyre was catching when turning but apparently this is normal. It was then I noticed the offside front wheel was about 25mm nearer the back of the arch than the nearside. I measured and re-measured but think it must be the body that's out. has anybody had his before. John

if your tyres are set with equal inset left and right compared to the top edge of the wheel arches, which you need a plumb line and spirit level to determine, then you are basically there.
    Fix permanently round the boot area. Your only other adjustment is some slight wiggle room left and right on the apron/edge at the front, but its not a lot IIRC.

Your next fix is then to trim off a wedge shaped sliver front to back between the 2 wheel arches so you can flex the sides to align with the doors. ....details on the Pilgrim Sumo wiki,

Every car is asymmetric, even originals, and it doesn't really matter because you cant see both sides at one!
    The door apertures on the Sumo are different, as is the position of the side vents.
    I have seen people try to correct it.
    My advice: build the car and drive it.....and I'm a pedant.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

On the Mk2 that I've just got through IVA, the body is horribly asymmetric. I had a good chat with Den before he stayed in one HM's hotels and he told me that basically all of the early ones were like that. He did say that the Mk3 was better - but he didn't say how much better!

I think Kevin's right - build it and drive it, it'll still look lovely

Phil

Thanks guys, always good to get other builders options and tips. The body is square on the chassis, central to hub centres etc. with level, its just the nearside arch looks 25mm too far forward. I am considering unfastening the body on the off side and trying to pull it bacwards 25mm but that will surely made the rear arch out then or is there enough flex in the body to do this ? Do you know what clearence there should be between the tyre and the arch to pass the IVA test John

It just needs to be inside the perimeter of the cars body, and with sufficient clearance that it doesn't scrub the wheel carches when the examiner throws it around on the self-centering test.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.